X

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

X

Post edited by Michael T on

Comments

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Those are very cool.  Shame it's illegal to run with them on.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't you install the ones that go under the swim deck. They produce way more light, especially if the water is murky for whatever reason.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• JC290JC290 Member Posts: 706 ✭✭✭
    Gotta have the color changing as far as I'm concerned 
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the Coastal Night Lights underwater lights. I only had to drill a 1/4" hole thru the hull for the wire. I have had success with these lights and they are very bright. One thing to consider when changing brands is the blue might be a different shade of blue. I found that out when I added LED's under my jump seat and in my blower vent colors. Most of the time I don't mind, but sometimes it bothers me.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2014

X

Post edited by Michael T on
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I think they should be allowed as long as they cause no confusion or interference with the navigation lights.  Close to our marina there is a bigger problem with a light on shore but visible from the water.  It will flash green then a bunch of other colors, then red, then white.  Makes is a chore to find the little red and green lights at the end of the channel.  

Our 280 had purple (black light?) plasma ground effect lights up under the swim platform.  Made a very cool effect.

I have some replacement multi-color (with a single switch) LED lights for the radar arch on my wish list.  With luck, Santa will put them under the tree.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    I've always wondered about the legalities of additional lights. I run green LED's and while I'm pretty confident that there is no problems with my underwater  / under the swim platform lights, my green ones in the vents could be construed as an interference to the nav lights. I run those at dusk but I usually turn them off when navigating in the dark.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342