Options

Parts for Cal A/C pump?

BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
Anyone know a place to buy parts for these? Specifically the o-ring that seals the plastic pump housing to the pump. Looks like this was put together wrong at some point and the o-ring is deformed. I have only been able to find the whole pump online. Can make one if needed, but would rather buy the right one. 
2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi

Comments

• Options
    BellevilleMXZBellevilleMXZ Member Posts: 732 ✭✭✭
    Never mind found a site.....gotta buy a kit so I'll just make one, thanks 
    2005 Rinker 270 FV Volvo Penta 5.7Gi
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know the size or model Cal pump used on a 2002 270?  Mine is not working and I was going to try and rebuild it.

Picture

2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    From what I've gathered whiling searching for the kits it's either the 320gph or the 225 gph model.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Its a Cal320 they have it at defender 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, I replaced mine, did not think it would be worth the risk of rebuilding. If the AC ain't workin moma ain't happy. Did not cost that much.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    How is the pump wired?  Does it wire to the air conditioner somehow?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    It sure is via the main harness.
    when main control is turned on it sends power to the pump.
  • Options
    I believe it comes with about 5' of wire and i used butt connectors. Could not get the hose of the barbed fitting so i loosened the hose clamp and spun it around to disconnect.
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Yes the trigger is via harness from key pad but 12 volt direct is hard wired in from ac to pump 
  • Options
    Okay thanks...I found a new one for $119
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pump isn't turning over, or you aren't getting a good prime?  I found the gasket on that plastic part that sits on the brass housing was warped and not seated right. I bought some gasket sheet and cut out a new one, much more solid than the one the cal pump comes with, and problem solved. Got seal, got prime.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    The pump wasn't turning over and it was hot to the touch.  Either seized or in need of a rebuild.  I figured for a 15 year old boat a new was the right call.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    it was inexpensive and a ezzz install = coooooooold ac is a plus
    i fought with the hpf syndrome
    i ran product through the ac and hoses to clean = probably good for the system
    but still hpf = it looked like i had a pretty good flow
    replaced pump and have been hot or cold ever since
    Post edited by trip_n on
  • Options
    @trip_n - Can you explain the install process, how it wires up?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    2 wires from new to the 2 wires from old  = the new cord comes ready to splice/connect
    if i remember right ... i cut the old wires and spliced the new 1 in.
    the hardest parts is being able to see = you must take the old pump out and maybe the bracket = a must for me was a headlamp = mirror =stubby phillips,slot and plumbers tape=it was easier for me to lay in the aft cabin and work forward = fan is good idea if its warm ...good music ... some parts are plastic/i think ... one of the hoses goes through a little holder=i forgot to feed it through the 1st time
    turn the water valve off = this should be 1st/top of list = some work by feel and dont be in a hurry = clean the strainer while in there = you will have to re prime.
    maybe a hour-maybe two = but i am a un handy man

• Options
    @trip_n - got it...I was wondering if I should splice the connection or run all new.  I guess either works and the splice is easier.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Loosing the 2 hose clamps on the white hose and spin the gray fitting was the easiest way for me. Also the hose clamp around the pump loosing and slide pump out leave the bracket.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    corrections = 3 wires - all my wiring was/is in good shape =its in a protected area as yours.
    @reneechris14 = yes loosening the bracket is the way to go = 1st time for me
    i didnt see it or the pump wouldn't fit = small jobs like this i try and do =i have no experience = fun and saves a few bucks