Installation of water heater

Have 2004 Rinker Viesta Vee 312 and need to know the proper way to take out the old and put in new, as the heat exchanger didn't get winterized properly.

Best Answer

Answers

• RuthRuth Member Posts: 3
    We use it we use it on Mississippi, bought it new in 2004 and have truly enjoyed it. We have decided to sell and put it in water yesterday for the first time this year and discovered the problem with water heater. Once this is all unhooked it will com through opening into the aft cabin without destroying things?
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    Yes, you can bring it thru the aft cabin.  It may be easier to remove all cushions in cabin so you don't accidently tear one.  The other thing you will need to do is remove the metal panel on the front and remove the wires from the heating element.  Just make sure all electrical power (shore power, 120VAC) is off first.

The two screws on the aft side of the heater is absolutely the worst!  It was probably the hardest thing I had ever done on that boat is removing the stbd aft screw on that heater.  I didn't put that one back in on install.

Oh, and make sure it's full of water before you turn it back on.  (you can keep the element out of the old one as a spare)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• RuthRuth Member Posts: 3
    If you were doing through a marine shop what would you guess the hours would be to take out and reinstall. I have priced a heater so trying to figure out approximately how much they should be charging at $90 per hour.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    oh boy, just a wild guess could be up to 4 hours.  A good price would be 2 hours.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking 2 if you don't have a generator 
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    sorry just saw its a 312  I thought a 270