Gman68

Does anyone have any ideas for makeshift rod holders on a '13captiva cc ? I don't really want to do any drilling into the fiberglass. Thanks

Answers

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get rid holders that will clamp onto rails and top supports.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019

I've been looking at these myself.  I want some to set the legs of a grill table in so i dont have a grill to unbolt before flying 45 min down the hwy at 65mph every weekend.  I can just pick up and stow when not in use. 
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    I have a couple of what Rick posted.  They work very well and are quite sturdy.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Do you think the bottom could be cut out of one and be sturdy enough to hold an umbrella?
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    Do you think the bottom could be cut out of one and be sturdy enough to hold an umbrella?
    Absolutely.  That is exactly what we use ours for.  A couple of us have two & use both for umbrellas.  We don't cut the bottom though, we just don't use the entire umbrella pole.  Here's a pic of it:

You can see a couple of the boats (I have one umbrella in a rod holder) are using the rod holders.  Sometimes we also use the grill mount for the umbrella.  Just depends on where the shade goes. :smile:

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Sweet!  Thank you for the info and pic