1995 265 Fiesta Vee

looking to buy for trailer boat, take to different lakes, maybe some near shore on the Gulf. Looking for opinions.

Best Answer

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Will handle like most other similar class cruisers in weather, the boat will hold up to worse seas than you will.  It meant to be a nice weather/protected water boat.  Boat comfort in less than ideal seas is very dependant on the captains skills.  Work the angles and work the throttle.    The coast of South Carolina is generally rougher than the Gulf, you'll see little 16 and 17 ft boats heading out of the inlets to fish the reefes, usually 3 to 10 miles out.  

Trailering isnt much of an issue depending on your towing experience, she's narrow enough to be 100% legal without permits.  I dont notice a difference between towing my 26 ft sailboat or 23.5 ft rinker.  

Answers

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are looking to get the boat salty, go with an aluminum trailer. If you are not in a salty environment I would get a painted steel trailer. Trailmaster probably has the setup for your boat if you are looking for a custom steel trailer.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • celashercelasher Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, really more wanting to know how well the 265 Fiesta Vee is suited the hauling and near shore in the gulf. Planning on aluminum trailer.
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Ive heard torsion axles are also better for salt water use.  If you're launching regularly this might pay for its self. If you are launching once a year you can go with whatever is priced best.  Boat springs dont cost too much but to replace them every season or two would be a pain.  

Here in fresh water trailers out live the boat.