Options

Are you tired of boat flags that rattle and get twisted up? Best flag pole I've ever had ...

LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
Original Swiveler
https://www.originalswiveler.com

I originally got one because they sell 1.5" rail clamps, which nobody else sells.  After using it, I bought three more.  This pole absolutely will not rattle at all.  No more crawling out of bed to secure a noisy flag when the wind kicks up overnight.  And the flag won't get twisted up.  

Ever had a flag pole depart your boat at cruise speed?  That will never happen with this system.  Great for motorcycles too. 

The pictures on the website are lame, but believe me, it's a quality product.  Expensive and worth it. 

Comments

• Options
    Rich_Rich_ Member Posts: 138 ✭✭
    Was LaRea's account hacked like Raybo3's?

Just kidding. Got an explanation or close up pic of how it works? Everything on the website is blurry.
    2002 180      Eastern LI, NY
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What does it do at cruise speed?
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 28
    Yea I’d agree with Rich that is a pretty bad site. Can’t tell what they are selling or how it solves a problem. Good thing they have LR to support marketing….  I was pretty curious as our transom old glory does get a little twisted at times 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    needmotoolsneedmotools Member Posts: 12
    Love the concept. Maybe LaRea can post some pics from something with higher resolution than the 2005 flip phone original swiveler used for their website. Was I the only one a bit nervous to click on that web link? Sounded like it could have been a stage name for someone who used to bank a lot of singles.
    2008 Sea Ray 38 Sundancer (previous: 2006 Rinker 342 EC)
  • Options
    Hah -- yeah, I'll grab some close-up pix today.  
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I've had the cheapo ones as well that one actually flew over top my windshield at cruising speed.  I said never again!  I'd have to look at the brand that I bought but it wasn't cheap, but I've had it now for, wow, I guess maybe 15 years.  I will say I do get a squeak out of it though when the wind kicks up.  I figure it alerts me.  There are times I'll just tie it up on windy nights.  

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Pix as promised.  The flag is held by plastic collars that clamp to the flag with hefty screws.  Also, the pole is a solid stainless steel rod, not hollow.  That means you can tighten the set screw without crushing the pole.  

(I straightened the top connector ... after taking these pictures!)

• Options
    Ahh I see, for the now burgee, got it. Thanks!

• Options
    They make ones for bigger flags too. But you have to make sure the pole will fit your flag or burgee. 
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be interesting to see how that mix of aluminum and SS holds up in a salty environment. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    like it a lot.
    Enjoy 'overbuilt' items. Glad to pay for them.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    Pole needs to fit the hole…. That’s the goal…