Options

Milwaukee Packout tool storage

LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,565 mod
I've become a big fan of the Milwaukee Packout storage system, so here's what I'm using.  

All of my toolboxes are half-width boxes.  When I'm working in a confined space, the full-width Milwaukee box is too big and awkward.  The half-width box is small enough that I can open it up to get tools, even in tight quarters.  When I had the Rinker, I'd have a couple of them sitting on top of an engine cover or the water heater.  

Some are full height, but most are compact (half height).

Comments

• Options
    In general, I like having an individual space for every tool (no tools left behind at the end of the job).  There's a growing aftermarket of small businesses using 3D printers to make custom inserts for Packout toolboxes.  I have one for screwdrivers and one for a 1/4" socket set, both from 10-Spot Tools (10spottools.com).

• Options
    I also got custom handle labels (also 3D printed).  Now I can just ask my helper "hey, hand me the Bolts toolbox" and there's no confusion.  I got most of mine, along with custom bin dividers, from Rentz Design (rentzdesignz.com).

• Options
    Another aftermarket product:  mounting hardware.  I'm using these plastic mounts to store tools on the underside of a floor hatch.  Got 'em on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09ZLMFG8Y)

• Options
    FormulabenFormulaben Confirm Email, Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Awesome info, @LaRea!  It's much appreciated! 
    2006 Fiesta Vee 270