Options

2014 RINKER 360

JOESONKOJOESONKO Member Posts: 18
THE BOAT NOT ABLE TO PLANE, AND MAX RPM CAN ONLY GOES TO 3500,  THE BOAT IS SUPER SLOW AND BURN A LOT OF GAS, SPOKE TO MECHANIC AT MERCURY AND THEY CLAIMED THIS IS A COMMOM ISSUE WITH THIS BOAT FROM RINKER, I FOUND IT NOT ACCEPTABLE

Comments

• Options
    CONTACT RINKER AND SAID WILL HAVE SOMEONE CONTACT ME BUT NEVER HAPPEN, REALLY DISAPPOINTING WITH THE BOAT

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Mr Capitol letter.
    Obviously there's a problem let's see if we can help. 2014 360 do you have 496's or small blocks? Do you work on the boat your self? Did this problem just surface? When was the last time the filters where changed and a tune up done? Trim on drives works correctly? Trim tabs work correctly?
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    2 x 350hp engine,  I actually send to mercery and tinker authorise dealer to do winterise and summer ready, all code check corretly
  • Options
    this problem happened last year , but it was almost season end, so I just wait till winter time for the mercury dealer to fix during the winter time, but during the summer ready process, they notice the problem is not fix and claimed thats the spec issue with this boat, and is common that it can't be fix 
  • Options
    filter and tune up all just recently done, trim work correctly , trim tabs should be correct, I guess, as is done by the dealer
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭
    Bottom clean?  Do you have vesselview to check for codes?  Merc or Volvo?  I have 496s, 375hp each, in my 360 and typically run 26 knots at 3500 rpms. Drop the throttles and she climbs fast. You have smaller engines but you should easily get above 3500 rpms.  Try rinker again, your mechanic is obviously incompetent. You are right that is not acceptable. 
  • Options
    merc,   , it was going at 4300 rpms before , and now even at 3500 rpm, the boat doesn't  feel like moving, at all . I tied rinker for a week already, no direction at all, when you mean drop the throttles , meaning ? the mechanic check the code and is all cleared
  • Options
    I see you have merc. Disregard that question. Has it always been that way? If the obvious things have been checked then it could be a host of engine related things. I believe guardian mode limits you to 2000 rpms so it's strange you are getting to 3500. I would think it could be fuel related, not sure if your year still offered the suspect cool fuel modules. Or electrical (ground issue, bad sensor, plugs, distributor, etc.). It sounds like you need a solid merc certified mechanic to dig in. 
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    As @craigswardmtb asked: Is the bottom cleaned or painted? If it's not painted, is it kept in the water all season? You may have a terrarium growing on your hull slowing you down. And it doesn't take much growth to slow you down significantly. Even peach fuzz will affect your speed.

When we got our 25' Maxum (first boat) we did not bottom paint it, so by mid-season it would start to drag and by the end of the season we would barely get 10mph out of her. We now bottom paint ;-)

Check the easy stuff first.
  • Options
    bottom is cleaned and newly paint , I kept the boat off water during winter time, plastic wrap, and it was all summer ready before putting on the water, the mechanic place I uses is already a mercury and rinker authorised dealer
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    This is definitely NOT a common problem with the 360, or any other Rinker.  Your mechanic is not doing a good job of communicating with you.  

Are you dealing with a Merc dealer, or a Rinker dealer?  Who, and where?
  • Options
    Raise your drives all the way up and have a look at the props then make sure they go all the way down. Same with the trim tabs just to be sure. I would start with fuel filters. This is not to spec's that boat should pushing 40mph with no problem.
  • Options
    where I can check the spec for the correct props for my boat, as mechanic also mention that the props for this boat is not correct, I didn't know what that mean before, but I assumed rinker should has run tests before selling the boat,
  • Options
  • Options
    this is the old one and already replaced with 2 new one, but still have the same issues
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Those props look rough....like they hit something.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    Your Trim tabs are probably not working.... check them, make sure they actuate full stroke, with force.
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • Options
    F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    yeah... plus your wrecked props are not a good sign either
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Email Mallory at Rinker. mwagner@rinkerboats.com Give her your HIN and she will be able to tell you what props came on the boat. If the engines won't go over 3500 RPM, they are going into guardian mode, so there is something going on to cause that. Your trim tabs are electric. I would check them as well. Where are you located?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    pistolepistole Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    get a second opinion.
  • Options
    I believe I have 24p props on my 360. I'll confirm later. 
  • Options
    22.5 props should do fine.
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    if the props looked like that=what do the drives look like
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry I can't be more positive but I have been on 350s/360s even with 377 Magnums and they were VERY difficult to get on plane and pretty darn slow once on plane. IMO opinion that boat needs 496s/502s. That of course won't help you so use of trim tabs to get on plane and possibly lower pitched props is all I can think of. 
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    4 blade props ++++++++
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I agree, 4 blade props are fantastic!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    With 350 mags on a 350 Rinker would 4 blades be too much blade as opposed to a lower pitch?
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you go down in pitch with 4 blade prop
  • Options
  • Options
    I went back today with all the suggestion, and the marina was very nice and jet up the boat for me , power wash the bottom and also checked the setting on the prop as advise,  the boat drive little bit smoother , but still only able to get up to 3500-3600 rpm,  and I played with the trim up and down little bit as well, one time it goes to 3800 rpm when I trim it up one level, but then the boat actually slow down , so really running out of option here