Best Solution for Exterior/Hull Washing

Alas, my 342FV had to be moored to the outside of my boathouse during the winter to allow cradle modifications. All is well now, but the boat desperately needs a serious cleaning... bugs, leaves, pollen, dirt, birds, all the stuff that interferes with a nice, clean, sparkling deck and hull!  I have a small RYOBI 1700 psi power sprayer that holds soap, and using careful spray distance, there's hopefully no threat for gelcoat damage.  But, before I do something unwise, I wanted to check with Forum members to see if anyone has found a sure-fire way to effectively wash their Rinker without hand-scrubbing ... (not an option with current back situation.)  Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    On/Off is good for bottom (caution it contains muratic acid) but I wouldn't use it for anywhere else but the bottom if needed.  If you are going to wax it at some point, there are many good options for cleaning.  If you aren't planning to wax it soon, you could use H&M OPW2 Orpine boat soap & wax.  Or you could use Starbrite non-skid deck cleaner w PTEF.   

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• glshoemakerglshoemaker Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for replies!  That Zing/On & Off product sounds a bit too caustic for what I have in mind....However, the H &M or Starbrite may do the trick!
  • Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    @glshoemaker, google "Slimy Grimy" and watch the video with the girl using a pressure washer to clean a very filthy hull. Product is non toxic, and eco friendly. My neighbor with a 260 Sundancer swears by it.
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Ive used slimy Grimy a long time but never above the water line only the bottom topside maybe a good compound ,polish and wax ,but you can forget about that if your back is not up to it 
  • glshoemakerglshoemaker Member Posts: 25
    Thanks for input!  Always appreciate seeing what other folks recommend!