Options

290ec Owners - pump placements?

MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
Heading down to the boat to make sure the AC raw water pump and the potable water pump are clear and in good working order. Before going through the trouble of trying to locate them, does anyone know where they may be placed on the boat?

I believe there is a pump in the compartment where the AC raw water strainer is. Is this the AC pump?

I figure the potable water pump would be close to the potable water tank in the engine compartment.

Thanks in advance.
2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP

Comments

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

The AC pump on my 260ec was under the mid berth mattress, where you will also find the shower sump and head & A/C raw water through hulls.  you'll see the hose coming from the isolation valve, and to the pump. The strainer is on the pump discharge.

The potable water pump should be located next to the fresh water tank.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 280EC has a similar setup as the 260EC. The AC raw water pump is aft of the cabin steps under the mattress. The seacock for the head is also located there. The potable fresh water pump is on the engine room firewall next to the hot water tank. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Thanks. Found them. Raw water was dirty and is now is working. The shower bilge was broken and now replaced.
    2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP