Options

Newbie 242 2001 Rinker advice.

JFDeeJFDee Member Posts: 27
Can anyone give me some friendly advice with the boating world.  I maybe buying a 2001 242 rinker this weekend if all goes well.  Things to buy for the boat, advice with boating in general.  Ill be using the boat in the Detroit River as well as lake Eire, hopeful to go to the states for a few nights in the summer as well.

Answers

• Options
    Wow, thanks for the response.  The boat comes with all the safety items and I will check the date on them.  I'm in Amherstburg across from Boblo Island.  I do have the Licence and beer is always cold when I don't have the kids.  What about staying the night in the marinas in the US. Do I need to belong to a Canadian boat club to visit The US boat clubs ?
  • Options
    I'll google Hole in the wall.lol
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    I was wondering about @shawnmjr rafting up by the irate lesbians close to Boblo Island??
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    I’m not sure on the requirements for staying on the US side @Stodge may be able to answer that. I raft up over by the cross dykes close to boblo island right on the other side of the hole in the wall (linvingston channel). 
    So if you're going US port to US port then you don't have to do anything.  You're required to check into Canada and back into the US if you anchor in Canadian water, raft up to an anchored boat in Canadian water, or dock in Canada.  

There is good info here:  http://www.marinerscoalition.com/

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX