Options

Rinker 342 Anchor pulpit

merrickmmerrickm Member Posts: 24
All 342 guys 

Was wondering if you all have this plastic block on your foredeck? Seems to change the geometry of the rode coming into the windlass.looks like it may have been added for some reason

Comments

• Options
    Also wondering how you all are securing your grount tackle when not in use, and if you are trying off to the cleat when at anchor or if you guys have a better solution.
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes i have that block. 05 342. I usually tie of to the cleat when anchored. I do not tie of ground tackle while under way the thing just stays there. Do like that new rode.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    kordokordo Member Posts: 229 ✭✭
    Just to be safe, the anchor should be tied off with a small line and clip, or a chain stopper.  Imagine the anchor getting loose and dropping when you are on plane.  Not good.
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Yup got thaty block on mine. I don't tie off when not in use....I also use the cleat at anchor.
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep I have it too and I also have a short thin line with a hook that I keep on the chain to make sure that if the windlass fails the anchor can’t deploy under way
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    The_CodfatherThe_Codfather Member Posts: 3
    i use a chain in a hose (to cover it) and a tiny shackle through cleat to chain as a safety stop release. 
  • Options
    cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
    Well thats something to think about. I never have before a little scary. I haven't used my anchor yet but i will be tieing it off now. I am trying to picture how you guys are talking about doing it.
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a bungy from anchor around cleat and back and a second as backup on the shackle to the cleat in windlass box.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just use a short tie down friction strap hooked thru the anchor eye and the cleat under the pulpit hatch.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been so long since I looked in there...I think there is a clear under the hatch?
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @rasbury on the 270 there is, and I suspect on other models also.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    2003 310 - yes.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    2003 342: cleat under the rode / windlass hatch. I secure my anchor to the cleat too. 

I added a backing plate to that cleat when I replaced my windlass. Pic attached. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Black diamond..let's talk about that drain hose.. I'm listening first and then have some mind blowing stuff to share lol
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The drain hose for the windlass area?  I was going to run it to a thru hull, but held off at the time. Sketchy where to drill while still in the water last year. I ran the hoses to the drain at the bottom of the rode locker. At least not always draining on my rode. lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI