Options

276 Camper Cover

I've owned my Rinker 276 Bowrider with has both the arch and the 8.1 496 Mag engine for roughly 8 years.

Recently I purchased some new covers for the boat from the USA as they were massively cheaper even after shipping and import taxes.

Part of the five items within the covers was the arch connection piece, the camper cover and the boot bag.

However, on looking for a frame to make the work this will cost me in excess of a £1,200.

Has any body got any photos they can post of a Rinker 276 with arch and camper top so that I can see how it all goes together and hopefully get a frame made up where i live in Jersey in the Channel Islands.

I have the connection pieces as they came with the covers.

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on Facebook? If so, join the Rinker Owners Group and post the same question there. That way you can maximize the exposure.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a couple older pics of our custom camper top 276BR...traded boat last summer.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    worked really well. Back cover matched up well with the factory bimini on the arch.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd expect a "camper" to have a rear bow so you could stand up near the transom.  That looks more like a "sloper".  Still nice to have an enclosure.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Stodge said:
    I'd expect a "camper" to have a rear bow so you could stand up near the transom.  That looks more like a "sloper".  Still nice to have an enclosure.
    Agreed, couldn't really sit back there anyway unless anchored. Pretty much a sunpad. Don't think(?) any of the 276 boats came factory with proper rigging for a camper tops.

All said - those are great boats,....8.1L, sport arch, windlass, banger stereo. Awesome dayboat. Lots of compliments on the design.
  • Options
    Services1Services1 Member Posts: 3
    Many thanks for the photo's.
    You haven't got any of the frame in the camper top do you?
  • Options
    No frame. The only frame involved is under the factory Bimini top - aft of the arch.
  • Options
    Strother85Strother85 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
    I have a 276 BR with the arch. No camper top yet but it's in the future plan