2005 Rinker 342 Drain under cockpit bench seat - Port Side

Hello,

Does anyone know where the drain is under the port side bench seat in the cockpit? Also, where does it drain to and how does one clean that drain?

Thanks!

2005 Rinker 342 - Maryland
Tagged:

Answers

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what drain you mean.  If you refer to the cup holders, they should drain into tubes that lead to the bilge.  I have laid in that space under the port side seat.  There is an access plate to the reach the gas tank.  But no drain to speak of.   Maybe someone added one.  If it's to stern it would go into the bilge.  If it's too far forward it could end up behind the walls of your mid-berth.

I did a a 3 inch vent to that compartment so any moisture that found its way in had a way out. 

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• randy9000randy9000 Member Posts: 15
    Hi Stodge,

How do you get water out of that compartment? I have standing water in there. When I climbed on to take a closer look I noticed a small hole in the back corner but the water is not draining. Also, where would that water go to?

Thanks,

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That drain hole....water just goes down by the holding tank. Maybe at some point to the bilge. Usually just puddles. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
    Hi Black_Diamond,

does that mean water will eventually collect in the Aft Cabin bilge? Will this eventually damage the gas tank if water is leaking on it? 

Thanks
  • StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't get water in there.  I don't have a drain, but it would be easy enough to drill a hole for water to escape.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get water in there from water coming in the arch and dripping from the bolts. I may have this experience. lol

it is a small hole. 1/4” at most. Rear corner. 

Water ‘should’ go to the mid bilge. Basically drips on the fuel tank top. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
    Thanks Black_Diamond!!!!