Options

290ec - real world draft

MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
Anyone have a good, real world reading of draft (drive down) on a 290ec?

Thanks!
2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree 3ft
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Thanks. So really, when I'm looking at the chart plotter, I have to stay deeper than 4 feet.

• Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Depth sounder babe
    not chart 
    chart changes year to year

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    Chart is a ruff guide.. I would guess around Miami shoals change daily....my rule on the coast is unless I know otherwise if I'm not in a marked channel, idle speed until I know better. I'm not going to be on plane with 4' of water....unless I have a lot of money.
  • Options
    Depends where your transducer is located. I would say no less than 3 feet would be a good rule for you
  • Options
    Thanks, guys. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only problem with 3' is it can change to 2'....it's not like driving down a maintained road and things can change quickly....might be an old RV sumerged or something....
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    Only problem with 3' is it can change to 2'....it's not like driving down a maintained road and things can change quickly....might be an old RV sumerged or something....
    You are correct Ras! An old RV with a Ford Chasis. RLMAO
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MiamiAG said:
    Thanks. So really, when I'm looking at the chart plotter, I have to stay deeper than 4 feet.

Theoretically yes, but GPS location may not be accurate, and charts may not be up to date, so I'd never go by that. I wouldn't be in less than 10 ft of water without a sonar, lol.  Sonar at 3 ft is obviously more than safe, assuming your sonar is actually below the water line.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Thanks. I do have sonar and use it split view with the chartplotter. I can attest that 3 feet is too close for comfort in the FL Keys. It can go from 3 to 1.5 within 5 feet.

My question was tied around actual draft so that I would have a good estimate when I'm out on the water. I haven't measured it myself.

Thanks everyone.