Blew 120 v outlets...

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2019 in Electrical Discussions
I'm washing my boat up and seemed to have tripped something on my outlets. I have some fans running...I scrubbed everything down pretty good....I see the fuses at the helm and the battery switch but nothing looks tripped and I don't see any breakers for the outlets...270.... Where is it hiding?
Post edited by rasbury on

Comments

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuses at helm and battery switch are 12 v only. The switch 110v for outlets at main panel are also a circuit breaker I believe. Switch breaker for outlets off andthen back on and should reset.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check the outlets for a gfci, one of them in the circuit may have tripped 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Hmmm....the power to the boat is good.....I did not get anything wet that has the GFI reset but I need to check the head and see if it tripped in there..thx, I'm sure it's simple...I'm sure I got the shore connection wet...but everything else seems to be good...boat is at my house and not in the water....
    Did you try the breaker at the panel? On the boat I mean, not at the house.
    I am absolutely not an electrical guy. So on the panel I assume you mean on the main breaker panel where you have the switch for the shore power etc. Yes I had turned out on and off. I will check the GFI in the bathroom I guess and I'm not sure if the one by the sink is also a GFI. Always learning something new with the boat.
    The one at the panel is a GFI that likely controls the others. If there is one in the head it will be GFI too. Or at least should be covered. I would check the GFI at the panel too see if popped. 
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call 1-800-FORD.  LOL
    I did and they came right out and fixed it! It was the GFI, there is only one and it is on the panel....must have gotten my shore power connection wet or something...had to trip it a couple of times and it came back on ...whew!
  • zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
  • MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    I am absolutely not an electrical guy. So on the panel I assume you mean on the main breaker panel where you have the switch for the shore power etc. Yes I had turned out on and off. I will check the GFI in the bathroom I guess and I'm not sure if the one by the sink is also a GFI. Always learning something new with the boat.

Yes check all your 120V, somewhere there's a GFI, as you know you only need 1 on the circuit to protect (provided they are wired together properly.  So it can very well have tripped in the head, or somewhere else, depending on where that GFI is.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh I see you fixed it already! LOL. Nice one.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"