Options

Mounting TV on side of Storage Locker

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hey Gang
I finally broke down and bought a little 22" LCD TV/DVD Combo so my wife and daughter can watch on rainy days. OK, maybe I'll watch the news in the morning too. I want to mount it on the side of the storage locker on my 270 where the outlets are as shown. Does anybody know off hand if there is plywood behind that vinyl, or is it fibreglass? I'm thinking probably ply, but any idea how thick? There doesn't look like any way to get in from the back in the locker, so need to fasten from the front only. Could either lag it with the supplied screws that came with the mount, or if I had to, some kind of butterfly maybe.
I realize I could pull the outlet and see what's behind there, but hoping to bring everything with me to the boat tomorrow and not run back and forth.
Thanks for any advice.
"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    cmelt2003cmelt2003 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    Yes, I did this on my 99 270. However, I removed the wall in the head and went above the locker. There is plywood and it will hold no problem. I believe I put a 22” tv there as well. I can take some pics next time I’m in the boat. 
  • Options
    Thanks @cmelt2003. I could see that the side panel in the head is removable. Was hoping to not have to, but will if needed. Apart from taking out the multiple screws was it difficult to pull? Or more importantly, re-install? Did you run any sealant or anything around the edges to keep water inside the cabinet when using the shower?
  • Options
    cmelt2003cmelt2003 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Thanks @cmelt2003. I could see that the side panel in the head is removable. Was hoping to not have to, but will if needed. Apart from taking out the multiple screws was it difficult to pull? Or more importantly, re-install? Did you run any sealant or anything around the edges to keep water inside the cabinet when using the shower?
    It was not difficult to remove, just a lot of wiggling. I did not reseal it, as we don’t use the shower. May not be a bad idea though. It was not a hard job and totally worth it to do it the right way. I ran some through bolts with large washers to help spread out the weight of the mount. Probably overkill, but with all the bouncing I wanted to make sure it stayed put. 
  • Options
    Might be a good idea. Would also allow me to hide the OTA digital antenna up in there maybe too.