Options

Bilge draining

sk520sk520 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
We have a 2003 Fiesta 250. Every so often we get a large amount of water draining from a thru hull drain in the aft port side. Engine bilge is dry, bilge in area of shower sump is dry. Where is the bilge thats draining this water?

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it condensation draining from your air conditioner unit?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    sk520sk520 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Seems like alot of water from condensation. Usually see it after she has sat for a few days (no AC runnin) and he first board. A bilge kicks on and empties out.
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    Do you have a mid bilge pump in the aft cabin?
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I would guess it's setup like a 270.  Bilge in the aft cabin behind the stairs.  It contains the shower sump, a second bilge pump and 2 seacocks for AC and the head.  Then there is a bilge pump under the engine.  That much water I'd say you have a leak with one of the through hulls.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sk- from your explanation I have no clue where your talking about....or where your at and how much rain you've been getting.....
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @skennelly as our 310 has the same mid bilge - under the aft mattress at the rear of the aft berth. I also get a build up and pump out at times and not sure where it’s from but I guess that’s why there’s a bilge pump there.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a leaking thru hull in the aft bilge...it was so slow you wouldn't notice it...but over time it would be enough to turn on the pump.

I used a vac and towels to get it dry and then sprinked baby powder around the seacocks.  Low and behold I saw the trickle.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭✭
    I know I have a slight one also but sometimes I get little to no pump out, other times it's runs for 5-10 seconds. I'll track it down, good idea though about the powder.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/