Options

Fridge shelves

cmelt2003cmelt2003 Member Posts: 72 ✭✭
On my 99 270, I have what I am assuming is the original fridge. When I bought it, the fridge didn’t have shelves. Now I want to get some shelves for it. I’m looking for the cheapest option to replace them. What I am thinking is to fabricate new shelves out of cheap white 1/4 plastic cutting board. Ones big enough are $10 on Amazon. I’m thinking that these would be strong enough to hold what I want to put on them. Thoughts? 

Comments

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    What about wire shelving rack? This way you'd get more air circulation.
  • Options
    TonyG13 said:
    What about wire shelving rack? This way you'd get more air circulation.
    I may be able to, but it’s kind of an odd configuration. I’ll have to see what type is available and what it would take to fabricate that. Good idea!
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2000 which is the same model design as yours is wire shelves. If you can cut Plexiglas or get tempered glass cut to spec at a glass shop it would be a step up. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Years ago my sea ray had the same issue.
    well I had the Lower but not the upper. Long story short went with plexiglass and it worked like a charm
  • Options
    zaverin1 said:
    Years ago my sea ray had the same issue.
    well I had the Lower but not the upper. Long story short went with plexiglass and it worked like a charm
    Weird thing is I can’t find decently priced plexiglass or Lexan in the size I need, but I can find a poly cutting board in the size I need for like $10 a pop. A little trim here and there and I’m done. I may drill holes in them too for circulation.
  • Options
    ChesapeakeChesapeake Member Posts: 29
    I made replacement shelves from cheap wire shelving for closets.  A little clear nail polish on the end keeps them from rusting.