Options

West Marine Off Shore 35 Vests

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
A family friend of ours gave us 3 West Marine off shore 35 vests, all 3 need to be rearmed. Anyone know where to get the rearming kits at a reasonable price? Are these kits only available at West Marine? 
2008 330EC

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Amazon has the CO2 cartridges for a reasonable price.  But if you plan to use the automatic feature you need the dissolvable pellet that goes inside.  Those pellets only last 3 years.  I had one discharge because I didn't know the age of the pellet on one of my vests.  I have since switched mine to manual.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't the cartridge usually come with the bobbin (Pellet)? I didn't realize that you can just have them manual if you wanted. I like the auto feature, just have to remember to keep track of the dates.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    Doesn't the cartridge usually come with the bobbin (Pellet)? I didn't realize that you can just have them manual if you wanted. I like the auto feature, just have to remember to keep track of the dates.
    There is a kit that has both, but you can also just get the cartridge.  I found the manual set-up inside the vest.  Since it had discharged, the velcro has separated.  The manual valve was inside a pocket in there.  I put the automatic valve in the same storage location.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX