My Rinker 31 Express lists to starboard stern

jeffeagensjeffeagens Member Posts: 2
After 1 week in the water. the starboard stern is about 2"'s lower in the water than the port side.
Any ideas? I've checked everything...  

Answers

• Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this is new then it’s likely something variable like a full water or waste tank on one side, or more fuel on one side than the other. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Which side is your genny on?  Do you have full water or waste tanks?

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    Motoring through Marathon bay a strangely large amount of both power and sail board do this. Many are live aboards who live in the mooring field and the boats have not moved in years. Probably cant without major refits.

First is the water and fuel situation holding tank i included.  Anyone who's owned a 28ft or shorter fly bridge will also tell you just 1 more person up top can make a boat lean way more than one would be comfortable with without a large weighted keel and some sheets in hand. 

Even when i had a 21 ft saiboat i stowed enough gear to weigh equal to 1 person.  Now if i don't use it once a month i dont pack it.  I can haul down that skillet for breakfast if i want to cook an extra meal or two that weekend.  I have more space now, towing is easier and takes less time to find my crap. So dont rule out that cleaning products, cooking utensils, tools, random boat crap are not to blame for your list.  Live aboards are the worst at this. They need 2 hours or more to prep for a sunset 1 hr cruise which is just moving crap so the boat can be operated.  This also includes those who use their boat for cocktails/dock queens.  

Have you or a po added a bigger battery bank? 

The engineers on that hull design may or may not have included the weights of your particular engine/drive package as well as
     genset in the design.   The installers from the factory may or may not have taken this into account.  There are many boat owners who have glued down lead plates to bandaid listing or handling issues. 

For older boats water intrusion.  Wet wood core and wet foam is heavy!! Ever picked up an arm full of freshly split poplar wood? 6 weeks later is 50% lightly once dried.