Options

New To Rinker - Couple Questions

We recently purchased a 2012 246BR.   Finally got out on the water this weekend and  have a couple questions for you all. 

1.  Added Seadek to the platform.  We love it so far.  I'd like to extend it further in the walkthrough.  See Picture. I sent Seadeck an email, hoping they respond. Anyone else added this?  How did you order?

2.  Stock stereo.  Head unit is in the head...LOL....remotes at helm and in walk through transom.  It says it's Sirius Satellite ready.  How the heck do you active?   Also when going through the modes it comes up "Aux".....I don't see an input for an Aux cord??

3.  Cooler space.  It didn't come with a cooler.  We had a Coleman I thought would fit.  It doesn't.  Is the stock cooler an Igloo?  Anyone else have a good cooler recommendation that fits in that space? 

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Welcome to the forum!  

Do you have a Sirius antenna installed on the boat?  It would be a small mushroom antenna installed someplace up high on the boat - not sure where on your model.  If not, you'd have to add one.  Then setting it up is pretty simple.

The aux input is on the back of the head unit.  Does the stereo have have built-in Bluetooth?  If not, you can get a Bluetooth interface that plugs into the aux input.  Cheap, easy to install and they work great for playing music from a phone or iPad.  Do a search of the forum and you'll find a few discussions about them.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome @The3rdSun. As for the cooler, I know for sure the older one's were Igloo's, yours likely was also. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    welcome = where ya float n ?
    ozark trail soft side cooler works pretty good and fits in our factory 270 spot..
    I have sirrus & pandora running bluetooth from a note 8..works great..
    hava great sunday
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome!!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    The3rdSunThe3rdSun Member Posts: 20

Thanks for replies!  We're in Missouri.  Let's Go Blues!!  :-)  We frequent Lake Ozarks and Mark Twain.

I haven't seen a Sirius antenna anywhere on the boat. I need to investigate more.  Our cell service sucks on our lakes and Pandora never worked on our old boat.  Gotta figure something out.  Our headunit has a built in CD player that is accessed by the face opening.  Who the heck uses CD's anymore?  LOL  I couldn't find an aux jack anywhere.  Ugh.  Is it even possible to replace those headunits?  I assume a stereo guy with much more skills than I have likely can. 

I've done some searching and appears the Igloo Marine 36 cooler is the one.  Not a great cooler but should do the job for a day trip and will be great to have it out of the way under the seat. 

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum - great knowledgeable people about tinkers and boating. Good luck with your new to you boat and have a good summer!
  • Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    were on table rock
    what head unit ?
  • Options
    DirtythirtyDirtythirty Member Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
     In regards to the Seadeck question, I would contact Rinker, they will put you into contact with their parts and service department.  They now offer "Snap-In "faux teak" material for your boat.  They have your template on file and the material comes bound on the edges like carpeting would.  It is closed cell foam, so it sheds water, not absorbs it.  There are color options to match your swim deck.  I like it because once or twice a season I can remove it, and hit it with the power washer and snap it back into place and it looks like new. I tried the snap in carpeting and it got dirty and the sun and heat always took a toll on the backing. 
  • Options
    Perfect fit right out of the box, but you'll need to install your own snaps.

• Options
    cettialpha6cettialpha6 Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
    I have a 2008 246BR and my aux jack is under the steering wheel in a plastic shelf on the right side. Still have the original stereo and its located in the wall of the head. I don't use it though,I use my iphone with sirius app on it. I replaced my cooler with the same one. Bought it from walmart on line. can't remember the price. hope this helps your search--Art
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dirtythirty did you order your MarineMat directly from Rinker?
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    The3rdSunThe3rdSun Member Posts: 20
    Thanks all!   DirtyThirty I’ll have to see what Rinker can do.  Seadek doesn’t have the walkthrough on file and I’ll have to make a template for them.  I’d love to get rid of all the carpet, the teak material so so much nicer.  

Ill look under the sterling wheel for the aux jack.  It is the stock radio.  Have been out once this year do to all the rain.  Ugh.  
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Consider MarineMat also, I believe better than SeaDek and not as costly.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    @Cableguy Greg  Yes...directly from Rinker
  • Options
    Dude_HimselfDude_Himself Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    Can Rinker supply MarineMat for older (2007) Rinkers?
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    Ours is a 2014 310EC and we bought directly from Rinker last year. I think as long as the layout is the same as a current production model they'll sell it, but once it goes out of production they make the master layout plans available to third party vendors. Can't hurt giving them a call.

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Can Rinker supply MarineMat for older (2007) Rinkers?
    I made up my own template for our 2003 310 and worked with MarineMat direct.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/