Options

2001-2003 FV270 Camper Top?

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
Looking to replace the camper top on my 2000 270. The title is not a misprint. I've approached our canvas friends on the site here and apparently the full stand up camper was not factory on the 99-01 series like mine. But I wonder if anybody knows if it was in the following model? The boats are identical except for the seat layout and the sink console and swim platform on the later ones. Or us my top likely custom.? Don't see any part numbers on it. 
"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i purchased my 2003, it did no come with the back part of bimni as stand up. I bought the frame work and canvas from boat tech. And added it on. You can pm him as he checks in here from time to time. Pm him. Boattech01 I'm pretty sure the framework is the same as 
    With shipping cost as they are for you I'd think it would be less expensive to get custom made at home since you already have the pattern.
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    well lets see = im knot quite shore = B)
  • Options
    Nearby canvas shop wants almost $3500 CDN to fab new canvas so am exploring options. May have to go that way though since it seems to be custom. I see so many 270's with almost identical looking set ups that I thought they might be factory.
  • Options
    That's a sizable sum. I'd go shopping also. Things always cost more than we think they should. If @boattech01 does not respond in a few days. I think I may still have his number some where. He is located in Louisville KY
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    boattech01@aol.com is TJ's email
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I had previously messaged with Darren who reports that Ameritex does not, nor ever did, produce a full camper top for those years. I had thought I messaged TJ, but I saw this morning that it didn't go through (my fault) so have PM'd him again also.
    The local pricing I mentioned above was inclusive of the shop coming to the boat, measuring out the frame, creating the canvas and installing on my frame to ensure a good fit. Keeping in mind that $3500 CDN is currently about $2600 USD, maybe not such a bad deal.....but $3500 is $3500....
  • Options
    I inquired with TJ last year about the camper top for my 2002 270.  He provided pricing and everything so it has to be available...good price too.  The real hang up was he said he could only deliver it to something with a loading dock.  I don't know why that is..but I don't have that option.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    @skennelly it was likely because they were using a common commercial carrier and most will only deliver to a commercial loading dock with either a fork lift or raised ramp for a pump cart because the driver does not handle the load. I happen to have that available to me at work but exchange and duty may be an issue. I don't need specifics but would the $2600 US I mentioned be in the ballpark?
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    Is this for the entire canvas?  Front, sides, top and back for a 270?  If so, that is entirely reasonable.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    @Willhound - I had him price out the camper top portion that would attach to my existing bimini.

frame and canvas was $1904.78 plus shipping

I also found his number 502 299 7423
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    Dream_Inn said:
    Is this for the entire canvas?  Front, sides, top and back for a 270?  If so, that is entirely reasonable.
    Yes it was. Also included screens in the back curtain and two rear side pieces. Might have just suck it up and do it.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    That's quite a good deal for all new canvas for a 270 with camper top.  Yes, the stuff isn't cheap, but it sure makes the boat!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I have heard that all new top to bottom was around $5 G CAN but thought the frame was a good part of that. Now realize that all they do is add the hoop and two supports at the back and the biggest part of the cost is the canvas. 
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    $2600 now that you put it in US does not sound bad at all. last year I had a custom made cover for my tompoon out of sunbrella material. The size was 8 ft by  22ft 4 poles. No sippers or insulglass, or screens. It was $2000 I just took it to them and they made it in a couple days. 
    Your top is about 12 ft, adding in all the side's it's a lot of material. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    I can see that. The main top is obviously canvas. Well, actually you saw it the day we were out as I never take it down. A lot of eisenglass in the rest but I guess the trick is getting all the zippers and snaps to line up and all work together. 
  • Options
    smvorca350zsmvorca350z Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Willhound. I might have something you'd be interested in. I bought a canvas set for my 03 270 from a guy on the original Rinker forum 9 years ago and they sent me the wrong year...it was a close fit, but not close enough. This is Ameritex, straight from Rinker. Still in the factory wrap. It's not the full camper set, but I do have the forward side pieces and the aft curtain.  Let me know if interested. If anyone knows what model years the numbers correlate to, please chime in. 
  • Options
    Thanks @smvorca350z. I'll check the part numbers. Only issue I can see is the snaps already look installed and may not match.
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Im not on the boat I think the window snaps slide in the track 
  • Options
    I beleive you are correct @GMSLITHO. I was thinking of the rear sides. Wrong colour though unfortunately. When I replace I'm likely going to a lighter beige or tan. I find the dark colpurs get too hot in am uncovered slip.
  • Options
    McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    skennelly said:
    I inquired with TJ last year about the camper top for my 2002 270.  He provided pricing and everything so it has to be available...good price too.  The real hang up was he said he could only deliver it to something with a loading dock.  I don't know why that is..but I don't have that option.
    If this is something you want to move forward with in the future shoot me a message, I have access to a loading dock and can drop it off at your marina or you can pick it up either way
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @McGarnicle - I appreciate that offer!  Can't justify getting it for this season lol.  I was actually thinking of getting a sunshade instead.  My goal really is to just have more shade.

2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    @skennelly That would be awesome but would require the sun to actually come out.

I really want all canvas curtains instead of the isinglass while its sitting at the slip but was told that didn't come from the factory and can't justify paying someone to come out and make it. 
  • Options
    @McGarnicle - LOL yeah no sun this year.  I hear you about the eisenglass...I not a fan of eisenglass so the less of it I have the better.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    smvorca350zsmvorca350z Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Anyone else? I would hate to just throw them out..  
  • Options
    rinker270nbrinker270nb Member Posts: 207 ✭✭✭
    @smvorca350z I think it'll fit my 99...I'll PM you.  A fellow NISMO here...