Options

Vinyl wrap complete!

WildstyleWildstyle Member Posts: 42 ✭✭
Got it wrapped a couple weeks ago. It was a black hull before and now it’s metallic grey. Came together beautifully!

Comments

• Options
    rmfridayrmfriday Member Posts: 103 ✭✭
    WOW, that looks great!
    did they come to you or did you have to trailer it to get it done?
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful job! If it was mine, I'd probably have a scratch in it by the time it hit the water :smiley: 
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    The registration numbers don't look like they are in compliance.  Says numbers must be easily seen and be a contrasting color to the hull.  Just sayin
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    rmfriday said:
    WOW, that looks great!
    did they come to you or did you have to trailer it to get it done?
    They came to the boat. It took a little convincing because they’re so busy right now and had to pay travel time but way easier and cheaper than bringing it to them. 
  • Options
    skennelly said:
    The registration numbers don't look like they are in compliance.  Says numbers must be easily seen and be a contrasting color to the hull.  Just sayin
    I thought so too, but apparently they use those colours all the time. I am going to ask the local OPP boat just in case and switch it if so but they are fairly visible from a distance in person. 
  • Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    skennelly said:
    Thought the same thing, then remembered "He the North" :-)

Quick search on Canadian GC regs does state:

"Display the number on both sides of your boat's bow. The number must appear in block characters which are: at least 7.5 centimetres (3 inches) high in a colour that contrasts with the colour of the bow"

So if necessary, hopefully they will redo it at no cost...
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
    Ditto. I think the fact the text is outlined and not filled may cause them concern.

The vinyl wrap does look good, interested to see how it fares with fenders rubbing and bouncing off. Out of interest what cost for what size vessel?

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's slick, You should be proud on it. 
    Boat Name : 

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it alot love the color.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    cls10105cls10105 Member Posts: 352 ✭✭
    That looks great.  
    cruising on 6. tw0s
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great color choice!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it looks great and I like the reg numbers. I wouldn't worry a thing about them unless you get stopped and told to change it which I think is pretty unlikely. Enjoy your boat! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    MojosBoatMojosBoat Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
    That looks great! Love the color.
    ALL IN AGAIN, 410 FV Twin 8.1 H/O MPI, V-Drives , 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    I failed a scheduled vessel check on my boat due to the font of my MC numbers. With that being said I have been stopped a few times and they have never said a word about my numbers so I think your good. I decided I liked my MC numbers the way they are more than the inspection sticker so I’ve never changed them. This is my 5th season with the boat and I haven’t had a problem. 

The wrap looks great. 
    That's a discretion thing.  The Michigan boating handbook says the numbers need to be 3 inch block letters and high contrast.  If the registration numbers can't be read easily you can get ticketed.  But normally the local LEOs won't bother with that unless you have other offenses.    

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great.  Keep some spare vinyl of that cut, so you have a perfect color match, in case you hurt it a bit!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Why the color change - was the black hull pooched? 

Looks great, won't be another like it.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would like to change my black hull to that color, please keep us up to date on how it lasts.... 

Do you have any specifics? Exact material, color, etc..? 

Down here in the states the numbers in their current form would be all the police need to pull you over and do a check of the boat and you. I try to not give any excuses for that situation!! 

Needs to be block letters and stand out. 
  • Options
    It was about $5000 to get it done but I also had them do my boat name sticker too so a bit less I guess. I’ve already hit the dock once when the wind pushed me over hard and scuffed it a bit. I was really ticked that happened, however it was a simple fix. I cut the bad out and slapped a small patch over top and you’d never know I did it. I’m pretty happy with it still!

i got tired of maintaining the black hull and I wanted something different that stood out so this was my idea. However I learned after that F11 Topcoat works well for black hulls so I wish I knew about that first before spending...

i get many compliments on it and people turn heads so that makes me proud!