2005 342 stereo wiring

johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
The Sony cdx-ca705m radio died and I want to upgrade it.  I have a schematic that came with the unit but several wires are cut off the plug.  There are a few wires that come out the side of the radio as well.  I am hoping someone has the inside story on where they go.  I will attach  few pictures of the ones I am concerned with.  Thanks for any help!

Comments

• skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    The cut wires with stripes are unused speaker wires.  The others that are used are speaker wires for the cabin speakers.  The deck is probably powered by a separate amp.

Black, red, yellow are power and remote related.  Find a manual for the old unit and just trace the wires back.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    The only schematic I have is for the radio.  I do not have wiring diagram from Rinker.  So I dont know about the amp or specific wiring.  Flying blind as they say...
  • skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    If you have the radio harness wiring then you can trace the wires back to the rinker harness.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • johnepjohnep Member Posts: 114 ✭✭
    I guess I dont get it.  How do I know the Rinker harness?
  • F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    Its easy peasy... as they said above, those wires were cut from the original speaker wire harness, most likely cause they installed a amp in the past. All you need to do if you are installing another head unit or amp is ..locate the speakers on the boat...pull them out and record what wire color and stripe is for each speaker and positive and neg so speaker polarity is correct. Then if you are installing a new amp or head unit attach them as required. Its pretty easy. The only other wires are ground, and power and remote (switched power).

1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    I would highly reccommend ditching the wire harness and use an external amp, instead of the crap amp in most head units.
    1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    You should have two amps under the v-birth mattress, a small 75w and a 400w if I remember correctly