Lake St Clair...beautiful place

04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
We are finishing our week up tonight and heading back south tomorrow. LSC is a beautiful lake! It sucks we didn’t get to experience it at normal water level but we still had a great time! Our rental house was right off M29 in about 400 ft from the Munchies hangout. Water was 74-76 in Munchies Bay and about 5ft deep so we did get to stand in the water behind the boat and have some drinks! Saw some freighters on the St Clair River and caught a few fish! Can’t wait to come back...maybe in August when the water is a lil warmer.

Comments

• Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Were you there for Jobby Nooner?

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • rkinrossrkinross Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    Great pictures.  I usually wait till August for our lake vacation for the water temp reason.
  • 04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    Were you there for Jobby Nooner?
    Nope, we thought about riding down, but glad we didn’t now. We watched the storm roll in from Munchies and got back to the house about 4:30
  • JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it was a bit intense for a minute. My crew was all pretty experienced, so we rode it out without any major damage, but not everyone did. Boat next to me will need some major fiberglass work and lots of mild to moderate injuries. I'm actually surprised no one got seriously injured or killed.

I might finally need that 4 rung ladder I've been wanted for awhile. LOL

But yeah, Lake St Clair can be beautiful, and on a normal year the water level is perfect for swimming in many place. Hope you get back and get to enjoy it some more. :)

2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3