Options

We got spammed!

Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
Someone cracked in with shoe ads. Hope the mods can boot this poster.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
PC BYC, Holland, MI

Comments

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    Our 1st and I'm trying to figure out how to take care of it.

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    I deleted the spam but he's still here I have to find out how to ban the SOB

• Options
    edited July 2013

oaietinb4  is the spammers name  WE ARE NOT GOING TO LET THIS HAPPEN HERE 

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    oaietinb4 we will hunt you down.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a constant cat and mouse game with those jerks... I use an open source platform forum on sites that I run called Simple Machines Forum- people draft 'plug ins' and post them in effort to keep the spamming from happening, and it still happens...

reminds me of Fountain Boats.. :-) which is a local builder..

Reggie Fountain sold boats to the Caribbean crew that were fast.... the coast guard and DEA bought boats from him that were faster... which prompted the Caribbean crew to buy boats even faster, and the coast guard and dea to up the ante.... that dude made a fortune playing that cat and mouse game..

you can stop the spammers for a bit, and then they find a way around the protocol, and you gotta stop them again...... it is a tiresome game...

note to moderator or administrator:  if that spamming was a 'bot, you can likely defeat it... if it was a living breathing person (hold up in some tiny packed out sweat and smoke filled room in Asia), you're not going to be able to do much w/o limiting the general public's ability to access the forum, too.... my advice, fwiw, is to see if it happens again- and if it does, engage the 'registration approval' function, which means folks won't have instant access to the forum, but will have to wait until a mod/admin approves it.
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Hey guys...this loser is a goner. This forum's spam technology is the best and is updated every week. Like I told the mods...all you need is a hotmail account and nothing better to do. Surprising to me how many people fit both of those qualifications!