Options

303 Fabric Guard

TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
Has anybody applied 303 with a roller?

Feel the need to do an application on our camper top (310 EC) and instead of

1) Taking it all apart and down

or 2) Trying to spray it while on a ladder while at the dock and getting over-spray on the isinglass and neighboring boats-

Thought I may try rolling it on.

Interested to know if anyone has done this and what your coverage was like.

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I take mine down, Clean with soap and water, let dry, then spray 303 from bottle 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes...I need to do mine...but my Bimini I don't think will come off the frame?
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Do not spray in place.  After getting a bit of overspray on the non-skid, I slipped and fell about 5 feet onto the dock.  Took me a year to recover.  I'll never make that mistake again.  
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could probably use a foam roller to apply it. Worst case, you go back to spraying it.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    LaRea said:
    Do not spray in place.  After getting a bit of overspray on the non-skid, I slipped and fell about 5 feet onto the dock.  Took me a year to recover.  I'll never make that mistake again.  
    Ugh! That was one of the things I feared. Point taken!
  • Options
    You could probably use a foam roller to apply it. Worst case, you go back to spraying it.
    That's my thought. I think I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I roll mine on. After taking out of water it all gets a good clean and stored away nicely. First decent day when it's all back up I hose off - the dreaded green/yellow pollen - and then roller i on with a foam roller. Better than spraying.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    icoultha said:
    I roll mine on. After taking out of water it all gets a good clean and stored away nicely. First decent day when it's all back up I hose off - the dreaded green/yellow pollen - and then roller i on with a foam roller. Better than spraying.
    I do the same, nice sunny day on the driveway. Lay down a big clean tarp, scrub canvas with Simple Green & warm water. Rinse, dry. Foam roller the waterproofing. Starbrite Waterproofing works well for me. I use the 303 spray for touch ups as needed.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I used to do on drive also but found too much would soak through due to being in contact with the surface, no matter if tarp or deck or drive. In free air it can’t be pulled through to wet what it’s laying on. I just found this to be more effective.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/