Options

Camper pck

rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have only used my camper pck a few times but over the forth I had a heck of a time...even had to undo some of the frame mounting to get it all snapped in....talked with the guy that made it and he said to put it up and leave it a couple of weeks and it would be fine. Also- emailed him but have not heard back...back pieces have zip out plastic with screen...I would expect them to be like a tent and unzip and roll up with some ties....mine unzip and roll down into kind of a mess...this the way they are done?

Comments

• Options
    No comments on this one???
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep the back rolls down on mine 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    The canvas on our 310 at the rear is a roll down with tabs to secure in rolled up position, side windows have roll ups and secured the same.
    Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine also roll down. I wish the back one rolled up. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Does not make much sense! On a tent I guess you roll it down from the outside so that the bottom of the zipper is covered and water won't come in...don't think it would really matter and sure would be a lot easier to deal with...what about the shrinkage from a basically non used pck?
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Heard back from my guy and he confirmed....although I still don't agree and would rather they roll up and not down. He did say also lack of use is the issue and I should put it up for a couple of weeks and let it sit and it will be easier to handle. I guess this sunbrella material is much different that what comes OEM. I have what's left of the original package up in my shed and it is HEAVY stuff and perhaps a canvas type material...don't see that shrinking. Another point he made, the sides with all the plastic tend to stretch in the heat but the tops just the opposite- the sunbrealla tends to tighten. I put mine up last night while it was cooler and what a difference! He also suggested if doing it in the daytime and it's tight, spray the top with water. 

Is there anything to use to lubricate the zippers? I was having a time, sprayed a little wd 40 on a couple of tight spots which made all the difference but I'm guessing that is not good for the material....
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    "Zipper Ease" - zipper lubricant
  • Options
    I was going to google it but was afraid of what the result would be on my computer at work!
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paraffin wax will work in a pinch too.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    I was going to google it but was afraid of what the result would be on my computer at work!
    :)

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    That’s funny I know someone who was looking for **** sporting store .she typed in **** and didn’t get the results she was looking for 
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Funny the website wouldn’t let me type in the slang name for Richard it’s di(k
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    That happened to the admiral when we first arrived here and she was just getting into the computer. She wanted to look up d*&^s.com and thats what she found....

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:

Is there anything to use to lubricate the zippers? I was having a time, sprayed a little wd 40 on a couple of tight spots which made all the difference but I'm guessing that is not good for the material....
    I use Star Brite Snap & Zipper Lubricant which works really well. No greasy feeling and doesn't stain - and a tiny bit goes a long way.

• Options
    Thanks all...will lube it up!