Options

Engine Hatch Actuator 2000 Fiesta Vee 270

JECHLAWJECHLAW Member Posts: 2 ✭✭

Good afternoon.

I recently purchased a used 2000 Fiesta Vee 270. I operate the boat out of St.  Petersburg Florida. Unfortunately the engine hatch actuator is completely worn-out and needs replacement. Could you kindly tell me the necessary minimum and maximum stroke required so I can source a replacement ? If you have any suggestions as to make or model ,that would also be very much appreciated. Thank you in advance. Best regards, John

Comments

• Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    There was a discussion on this a few weeks ago someone will chime in on the subject. Do you have the old one? There should be some kind of label I have a 99 270 I'll look at mine but not going to the boat this weekend. 

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The label will tell you everything you need to know. The product selector at www.warnerlinear.com is a nice look at too. An FYI: for all you running your actuator until it 'clicks' : not good for it, the overload clutch is not meant to trip all the time. An FYI for everyone: running the actuator until you hear it 'clicking' is not good for it, the overload clutch

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    BabyboomerBabyboomer Member Posts: 918 mod
    The label will tell you everything you need to know. The product selector at www.warnerlinear.com is a nice look at too. An FYI: for all you running your actuator until it 'clicks' : not good for it, the overload clutch is not meant to trip all the time. An FYI for everyone: running the actuator until you hear it 'clicking' is not good for it, the overload clutch
    Link does not work

Slip 866 Sunset Marina Byrdstown Tn
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Here's a pic of mine from our '04 FV270. It was a noisy mess when we got the boat last year but it's quieted down almost completely after re-packing it with grease and cleaning it up. Maybe you can just replace the motor or service what you have. Good luck and stay in touch.

Hey, Welcome aboard. We boat out of Sarasota and get up to St Pete/Gulfport quite often. Send me a PM if you'd like to touch base.

Mike

2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options

www.warnerlinear.com

You can usually figure out from the part number the basics of the actuator, like above:

12 =12v

24= 24"

250 = 250lb-f

there are a lot of options if you bother to look into them: stroke limiting, remotes, manual over-rides, etc.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    JECHLAWJECHLAW Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
  • Options
    Glad to help. Good luck. Mike
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
  • Options
    browncbr1browncbr1 Member Posts: 55 ✭✭
    I pumped grease in the grease fitting on mine, but it didn't seem to help the noise. Not sure where it all went either! Did you actually take yours apart to put the grease in there?
  • Options
    Didnt need to take mine apart. After pumping quite a b it of grease in the zerk fitting(see pic) it was far happier. I also sprayed every nut/bolt with penetrating oil so I can hopefully get the motor off or get it to come apart if it does fail.

Hope that helps. Mike
  • Options
    These are almost without exception not worth taking apart to service. I don't think anyone sells pieces and if they do you'll quickly find the cost will exceed the unit price. They are a throwaway once they go bad.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    jonsleithjonsleith Member Posts: 8
    I have the same problem with my Engine hatch Actuator ,it was removed from the boat before bought it .
    Can anyone send me a picture of the wires that connect from the harness to the actuator , it looks as though I have some wires or connection are missing !
    I have only a couple of wire coming fro the actuator but have no idea what or were they connect