"Rinker Day"

Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hello to everyone! Don't get on the forum much these days but still love Rinkers! Looked out the window this morning and it was "Rinker Day" at our condo's marina - they were everywhere! A 360 from Montreal, a 300 from Henderson's Harbor New York, another 300 from Alexandria Bay New York, two 270s and a 282. I hope the weather improves and everyone has a great boating summer! MT

Comments

• Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back MT. I have missed getting on your case LOL! How is your health?
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear from you MT. Nice pics 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Great to hear from you MT. Hope all is well.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey Handy health is OK. Last chemo was December, decent numbers, transfusion this coming Tuesday. No complaints thanks for asking! From your posts, Handy, you seem to be doing well and "living the good life" down south! :-)  Thanks Ray, doing well. I certainly miss owning a Rinker cruiser as there is no life like cruising but the supercharged Yamaha waverunner is a lot of fun! Boaters around here not too happy with the weather. It was rain rain rain - now 40 degrees celcius. Geez. Poker Runs of America went down the St. Lawrence yesterday. My Way was out in front but all boats seemed to be going slower. Hard to make big HP at high temperatures and humidity. The Admiral counted 80 boats in all - across the different classes. Still read your posts, guys - Rinker Forum the most knowledgable (and fun) boating site by faaaaaar. Keep up the good work and best regards to all! MT
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see you doing well and those are some good pics.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    @MT glad to hear your doing well. Dont be a stranger as your input is very valuable. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear from ya MT, Glad your health is good.
    Boat Name : 

Geez thanks so much guys! Just love this forum. Don't give my 2 cents much anymore as I have been "out of the cruiser game" for over three years now and am afraid my advice might be like me - a bit stale! :-) .....but love to read all the great ideas and advice you young fellers give - learn something every time I open-up this forum! That's the beauty of it, right? MT
  • RustySRustyS Member Posts: 83 ✭✭

Welcome back @Michael T!

That's me in pic #1,#2, and #4. We started on the wooden wall Thursday then had to move to transient docks Saturday as other reservations trumped our position.

We saw the Luna Sea come in; she was a 360 and looked sweet; my dream of next size!

Watching My Way leading the pack was quite impressive on Saturday! those turbine engines sure do rumble!

• bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    MT !  Really nice to see your health is ok and to be on the forum !!!!  
  • SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    @Michael T is that the same poker run that started in Clayton?
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to hear from you MT. As always you've got a heck of a view! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• RustySRustyS Member Posts: 83 ✭✭

@Spyderweb yes it was.

Clayton then to Cape Vincent, Alexandria Bay, Ogdensburg, then back to Clayton.

Oh, where does @Michael T live?
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Spyderweb said:
    Oh, where does @Michael T live?

He's in Brockville. :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

edited July 2019
    @Spyderweb - DI is 100% on the money. We have the south east facing "penthouse" short for top floor - in a building called the Boardwalk in Brockville, Ontario just across the river from Morristown New York.

BTW in 1990 when they were building the Boardwalk we put my friend's go fast (eliminator) in the water at Morristown ( I think it was at White's Marina?) cruised down to the River's Edge Resort in Alexandria Bay for the two-for-one martini specials, then back and over to Brockville  and parked along the wall. The band Red Rider was playing in the park (Life Is A Highway) and I said to a friend I wouldn't mind retiring in that building some day. Be careful what you wish for - moved into it in the summer of 2008! LOL The Admiral has family in Brockville and they own a family cottage on Smith's Island nearby.

@RustyS.....wow - glad I didn't post pictures of the party on your boat that night! (just kidding) .....btw guys Rusty can park her nice.....good job at the docks. Had I known Rusty you'd have had some free beers at Buds On The Bay. BTW I didn't sea Luna Sea dock but looks like she has the Axius "puck" on her radar arch. that would have made docking a breeze as that spot is a bit tight and subject to windage drafts created by the "tunnel" between our building and the Tall Ships Condominium next door.

Yes Shawn it IS a small world. How cool is this - Eh? (lol) Really though, isn't it amazing that you can see, photograph and comment on a fellow forum member's boat without realizing it. Canada - U.S. Border.....the longest undefended border in the world. Lifelong good neighbors and friends sharing beautiful boating destinations - priceless.

The Admiral just told me three more Rinkers (travelling together) gassed-up at the fuel docks (which I was told had been closed) today. Really musy be Rinker week! Great for me!!!!!
    @Michael T we boat out of Clayton and were up this past weekend, but we had grandkids ages 2 and 4 onboard and my orders were to get to a swimming place as quick as possible, so didn't hang in the channel to watch the boats go by.  

When we were 1st married, we lived in Canton NY and went over to Brockville and bought a bicycle for my wife (~1975)

BTW, I don't think your advice is "stale".  It appears the bulk of the posters here have boats 8 years or older, so your experiences and wisdom would still be pretty pertinent.  
  • ricklaviolettericklaviolette Member Posts: 19
    That is quite a sight!!! I’m pretty sure I have the only Rinker on my lake. I haven’t seen any of any size.