Options

Another trim tab question

Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve read the other Lenco posts, nice stuff by @skennelly. My boat is coming out of the water next week for drive service so thought I’d address my possible tab issue. Seems like the starboard tab is not working. At the dock when I push the port button, the actuator sounds pretty smooth up and down. When I push the starboard button I hear more of a grinding noise up and down. Anyone familiar with what these should and should not sound like?

Looks like its a pretty simple swap out of the actuator and I need the 101 based on @reneechris14 other posts. Looks like I do have to fish the new wire through the transom and then it will connect somewhere in the engine room, right?
07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,558 mod
    It is an easy connection.  Did mine this past spring right on the lift.  I spliced the wire in the engine room.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Same, season or so ago. Should be easy to spot in the engine room, look down low otherwise tug on the wire at the actuator and have a spotter look for it. Snip off ties, pull out some slack and attach new cables and pull back in. Connect and seal it up.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks guys, this is on the list for while she is out for the drive re seal.
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as the actuator you can just tap out the pins to get it out no need to unscrew the screws from the transom. As far as the wire goes I had to drill out the silicone just to get the wire out.  After that a couple of butt connectors couple of zippy ties seal it up and go. B)
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, easy peasy fix for this one,...just a hundred bucks. It sure is a trip going across the lake with only one working, I did not know what the heck was going on! Suspect the other one will go soon enough but at least I will know what it is...