Options

I have a 2004 fiesta vee 250... fuel breather fills with gas?

I cannot add fuel to my tank unless I disconnect the breather line and let it drain out the gas which gets in and place a piece of rubber hose over the metal piece on the tank and blow in to clear it..and only then will it accept additional gas..Anyone else have this problem?

Comments

• Options
    nhsdnhsd Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    As noted in another post, on an older boat few years ago I had this problem that was caused by a bend in my vent line that created a trap that would hold gas and create a block. Straightened out the vent line to eliminate the trap and the problem was solved.

Dave

2002 Captiva 212, 5.0 220 hp, Alpha 1, 1.62 gears

Moon Township, PA - boating in the Ohio River

• Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    As mentioned, first check for kinks in your fuel breather line which is vented behind the fuel cap. If the problem persists, do what I did and add a separate vent hose. Here is the part I used, which I installed next to the port blower vents. Avoid having sharp bends in the vent hose.
    https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--thru-hull-90-vent--15537145?recordNum=12
    Andy

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i got my 235 it took me 20 min to put 20 galllons in her.  When running on a 90 degree day the tank would build so much pressure it would flood the engine.  

My vent boss was not kinked but had valleys in it.  I re routed it so it was one continuous slope up hill. Problem solved.

I dont like the design of my fuel tank as all the fittings are right in front of the engine so it's easy to step on them and break something, I've aleady had to drill/tap fittings on my tank.  I will be pulling the tank this winter and plan on replacing with something better designed.