Stock Stereo

Heres my stereo in my 2012 246.  Anyone know where the aux jack is?  Sure would like to listen to Apple Music or pandora on the water without replacing the stereo. 

Comments

• skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    What model is that?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There might be an aux jack pigtail on the back of the head unit or the remote. If there is, maybe you can route it to the front with minimal drilling.
    2008 330EC
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not Bluetooth capable?
    2008 330EC
  • The3rdSunThe3rdSun Member Posts: 20
    aero3113 said:
    It’s not Bluetooth capable?
    Don’t think so.  New to me boat and no users guide and can’t really find anything on line.  Says it’s Sirius ready and not sure on that either.  It’s flips open for cd’s though.  😂😂. I guess cd’s were still a thing in 2012?  😂😂
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2019
    My favorite thing to do to any vehicle or vessel i own is take out the factory stereo and replace it with a Pioneer blue tooth head untit.  Nothing beats sitting on the beach and controlling the volume from your phone or skipping songs 20 ft way. On top of that every head unit I've replaced with a Pioneer has improved sound quality.   They are less than 100 bucks without a cd player, i don't use cds anymore. 

Crutch field may be able to help you with interfacing with the remote mounted control like a vehicle with steering wheel mounted controls.
    Blue tooth is not very reliable...if the radio is in a cabin or enclosure forget about it.  My new thing is having Alexa on the boat.  It's awesome.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • 04FV270riverrat04FV270riverrat Member Posts: 268 ✭✭✭
    on my 270, I just replaced my factory Sony that was down in the cabin with a Boss 3" round with bluetooth. It fit in the hole on my dash where my Sony remote was. I did have to run wires back to the cabin to power it off the factory harness and run the amp but I like it. Plus it added bluetooth that I didn't have and now it's on the helm instead of below deck.

Alexa...drop anchor. 

I dont have an issue with blue tooth in my cabin. Do you have radar/gps unit on while using? My boat is also only 23.5 ft.    I use an oonz xl blue tooth speaker when I'm on the beach.  Its better quality sound that most factory steros and its rechargeable. I put it under the windshield and it gives it great acoustics for reaching the beach.  I drop anchor and back to the beach then tie the stern off on a tree.  

I only use my blue tooth head until when under way or fishing.  

@PickleRick - Nope no radar or gps on at the time.  BT gets choppy as soon as I go on the deck.  I'm a 270 so not a ton bigger than you.  Others on the forum have had similar issues with BT..in my opinion BT is good for very close proximity. 
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
    edited July 2019
    Hmm...interesting.  I wonder if there is a rating system for how far they will reach reliably on different brands. All my vehicles are diesels(because better) and i warm them up outside my shop during the winter If im streaming Pandora inside the shop the vehicle will pick up from my phone inside the shop which is a concrete block building and im parked some 15 ft away.   

Really throws me off when im on the phone inside the shop and it swithes to my blue tooth in the parking lot. 

I have all pioneers except for the excursion, it's a kenwood with a built in double din nav system.  It came with the truck.

On my v235 my head unit is right down the 1st 2 steps below the sink.  On deck there is no issue with reception whether im pulling anchor at the bow rail or aft of the transom grilling.  

Ill play with it this weekend and see how far up the beach i can walk with it, i usually use my blue tooth speaker when on the beach.  Until i get my amps installed and all my speakers put in the 2 6.5 pioneers dont do it for me.   Its too hot this time of year to be snaking wiring from the engine bay to the cabin.  

My 235 can have as much fun as a 270, i just have to take it in smaller doses!  

These pics show a holder I had purchased when i was playing with a flybride project and planned on keeping it on the top bridge.  

edited July 2019

Yes it looks like Wall-e's head. Sits on a u shaped mount with thumb screws on either side. Can be hung or flat mounted. I had to drill an exra hole to run a wire to run the amp. 
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bluetooth is good for about 33’. Depending on what is inbetween you and it. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
    33' is really optimistic
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3