Options

I suck at driving a boat

2»

Comments

• Options
    explore7425explore7425 Member Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    My wife and I hired a captain when we bought our first twin screw. For $300.00 he spent all day (9 hours) training us. It was awesome. I really felt confident afterwards and it would have been worth double what we paid. To this day I see guys all over doing things wrong and needlessly struggling. I always see people using their steering wheel to park and all kinds of other stuff that is just working against them. I move my boat with precision using only throttle even in very rough conditions. It works because that's the right way to do it. I see guys at the helm exerting so much energy messing with their wheel. I highly recommend training with a captain. You will be so happy you did.  
    Bella Sabrina II  370EC
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I dropped my boat off to get the pan replaced a co-worker came with me. I let him take the wheel in a no wake zone, I think he steered for 30 seconds. I can tell he was getting nervous then he said he had enough.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know getting happy with the throttle was my big enemy, then it over compensates...then it just goes bad. Slow slow slow! Then add in Dream_Inns good advise too.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI