272/282 swim platform

I found an OEM swim platform that is supposed to fit my 272.  Can someone with a 272/282 take a picture of how the swim platform attaches?  Looks like it just folks through the transom, but I wanted to make sure there are just this handful of bolts holding this on. 

Thanks!

Geoff

Comments

  • lodemialodemia Member Posts: 11 ✭
    Aotocorrect really hates me.  It BOLTS through the transom....
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found this image online, most all boats are through bolted with SS bolts. @Willhound just put one on this spring he will chime in. 
    Image result for Rinker 272 swim platform
    Boat Name : 

  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 9,914 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you get marine grade stainless hardware.
    2008 330EC
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry @randy56. The one I installed on my 270sits on top of the existing platform. Stainless screws down into existing and lots of 3M 5200 between the two. No bolts into transom.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • lodemialodemia Member Posts: 11 ✭
    Def on marine grade stainless - we have a local fastener place that stocks.  It looks like the oem one just bolts on, no brackets whatsoever. It just doesn’t feel like that’s strong enough. 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see the bolts or screws as mostly just holding the platform in place. The major stress and weight is supported by the struts. Just my opinion.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • lodemialodemia Member Posts: 11 ✭
    Ok, so there are struts on the oem one?  Can you take a picture for me?
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry @lodemia I was speaking from my experience with my custom platform. Whether the OEM had struts or not I don't know.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
Sign In or Register to comment.