Options

342 V-Berth mattress

McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
Anyone have the factory mattress that they no longer need and are willing to sell? 

I currently have a custom foam mattress and all the rain we’ve been getting the past couple weeks leaked through my bow rail and soaked the foam. Now I have some black mold and debating if it’s even worth the headache. I’m going to bleach, steam and dry to try and save it but if I can buy the factory I might just throw it out. 

Comments

• Options
    McGarnicleMcGarnicle Member Posts: 242 ✭✭✭
    That’s not a bad idea, I think I’d have to find something pretty thick though to use it as a mattress 
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Is your mattress all one piece?  I think that would make it tougher to access the spaces under it.  

We replaced the mattress in our 280.  Cut up a 4 inch topper, then my wife made a new cover for it.  I'm sure others have done similar stuff.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Don't use bleach to kill mold on porous materials. According to some sources, it can actually contribute to mold growth. There are other more effective mold killers for porous materials, vinegar amongst them. The internet is a great resource for information.