Options

2005 Rinker 320 FV Bilge float issue

Hi everyone, posting here to see if anyone has a clue where the power is sourced for the aft bilge pump. I replaced the float and it  still didn't work, so i tested the wiring at the harness and no power coming from grey wire to to float. I'm wondering if its fused somewhere other than the main breaker on the battery switch panel. any help appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Might want to look at the fuse/breaker panel in the helm.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Legend02Legend02 Member Posts: 8
    Hi everyone fixed the problem. The Float is powered by a hot  battery bus that is located on the back of the aft battery switching panel. The breaker for the bilge is there. Pulled down the switching panel and found wire from bilge pump breaker disconnected from the diode... simple fix ...posted for benefit of others with same problem.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great fix! Just had the same, my mid ship pump was not working when I tested the float. Got all bummed and was about to go to West Marine for a new pump when I decided to chase the wire just a few feet from the pump and sure enough there was a quick connect connection that had come loose. All set!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)