Spiders

GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
how does everyone deal with them 

Comments

• boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 797 ✭✭✭
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just spray the dock and lines with a home & garden bug spray. Not perfect but keeps them mostly away. My slipmate never washes/cleans his boat so those fellas wander over from his. The webs show it. lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2019
    We have a few of the dryer sheets stuffed here and there that seems to have helped and I spray down the dock lines with Ortho Home Defense Insect killer. Got from Home Depot, lady asked what I was looking for and told what it was for specifically and she pointed me to that and it’s been quite effective.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the ones that make it onto the boat, there's a great tactical weapon to kill them and dispose of the remains:  a lint roller.  The spider and web stick to the tape, then you peel off the outer layer of tape and toss it in the trash. 

I credit my wife for this idea.  She started doing it probably 20 years ago.
    Image result for lint roller
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Star Brite makes a specific spray to keep spiders away,not sure how well it actually works though. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • dalekdalek Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    Maybe an old wives tale, but placing a few conkers around is still a popular spider deterrent here in the U.K.
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    X2 on spraying the dock, lines, cords and rail with spider spray. We use Ortho Home Defence and it works well for a few weeks...
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)