Options

bimini roof

I have a 2008 260 Express cruiser
 My top or roof on my boat is getting tired, it is a fabric with a vinyl coating on it
Does any one know how preserve it or get some extra life out of it 

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same thing, I replaced mine through @boattech01 and I made sure to get sunbrella only and not that awful vinyl coated Sunbrella 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    JohnCostellloJohnCostelllo Member Posts: 68
    Is it vinyl sunbrella?????

It feels much heavier than sunbrella 
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it it’s sunbrella with a knife coating of vinyl on the bottom side. The vinyl makes it super water proof but it doesn’t last as long and cracks and gets covered in mildew. Straight sunbrella is lower cost to buy and you can just spray it with 303 every couple of years to keep it water proof 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can vouch dont use cheap canvas.  I got a sewing machine to make custom sailboat covers 2 seasons ago. The cheap stuff is good to learn on. My winch, fish finder and front hatch cover were faded in a season. 

There is a canvas superior to sumbrella, made by a German company. They use it on many high end convertibles.  Some of the fj40 guys had used it on soft tops.  I don't think it shrank like sumbrella which is an issue when putting your soft top back on after a topless summer.

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Topless Sumer? Where does that happen?