Options

Diggin makin it biggin boat show

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
Our own @Diggin2day1 was making it big at the Annapols boat show this past weekend.  His table was proudly displayed in the new 370.  I was asked to sit and represent rinker boat owners . So I heard many people walk thru and talk about the table. The 370 sold on Friday and the new owners will be joining this forum excited about that beautiful new boat.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats awesome good jod @diggin2day1
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, talk about community involvement. Rinker is actually pretty savvy hosting this forum. We can be their best "sales people" and trouble shooters. And product suppliers. Congrats @diggin2day1 and @Dream_Inn !
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh...but I gotta ask. What the heck is up with that retro 70's diamond padded upholstery? Had a  '79 GMC "Shagging Wagon" that looked like that.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Thanks @willhound .  I agree that nobody can talk about Rinkers better than owners.  We were just there to sell the lifestyle.  They had some great flyers made with pics from Rinkervous..

The diamond pattern really didn't look as bad or noticeable as in the picture.

There are two other things that are new on this boat only.  Anyone notice?  Let me post one more pic that may help show one of the two.  The other item is a little harder to see, but is in the other pics (and we have pretty observant people here)

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stainless on the sides of the hardtop.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Greg found the first one!  They have blue LEDs behind those plates.  Problem is, someone already cut their hand on it when reaching for handle.  Also they get hot and really don't add much except for something else to clean around.  

The second item can really only be seen in one pic....

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn , is that a fold down TV I see on the hard top??
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Is that a fender cleat next to the power inlets?  
  • Options
    Well, you found the second item.  It is not a fold down, it is a "headliner" that has spreader lights and blue LEDs behind it.  Didn't really work for me, but maybe some might like.

• Options
    LaRea said:
    Is that a fender cleat next to the power inlets?  
    Yes it is.  I  did like those.  They are installed on all new Rinkers.  There are two on each side.  It frees up the cleats.

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That diamond pattern might. Might. Be ok...but is is not on straight. Would drive me nuts. lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    This is amazing to me on so many different levels! Thank you @Dream_Inn for emailing me the photos and letting me know how the table looked in the 370. Just so everyone knows, this happened through the RINKERVOUS connection that @Dream_Inn sets up each year for us. I’m truly amazed how “in tune” the Rinker company/family is with there customers. 
      Amazing... simply amazing. 
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    After zooming in on the pics, I am surprised to see the old radar arch plates being used!!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    That's awesome Diggin. Great work getting its proper dues. Great job!
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    Whenever anyone see the table he made for me I always get complements on it 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @diggin2day1 has earned everything he receives 10 times over.....a true American success story.....and it unfolded right before our eyes on this forum! How cool?!
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I would change on the 370 I see in the posted pictures is the red "line" in the gel coat. IMO a solid gel coat looks much better - otherwise - IMO there are too many lines. I like a solid hull color with bottom paint AND the two meet seamlessly.
  • Options
    So, if we're talking what to change, red line is fine either way for me.  But, I just can't stand those "wings" that come down on each side by the swim platform.  That & a combination of the "rounded" corner on the platform, makes it nearly impossible to traverse between boats across swim platforms when rafted up.  It also makes it tough to get on from the dock, especially when the boat is on a lift (like most in our marina).  If you put two of those rounded platforms tied together next to each other, you are asking for trouble.  It is something I always have to watch during Rinkervous or any other time we have a lot of this style rafting up with us.  & sure, it makes the boat look nice from the side...

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dream_Inn , I wonder why they made the “wings” so big? I can definitely see that being an issue.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Couldn't agree more.  If the engineers are telling the designers that it makes the swim platform stronger, they are right, but also less practical and more dangerous.