bow thruster toggle switch 320 Vista Vee 2006

Putting in a bow thruster on a 06 320 Vista Vee.  my mechanic says not enought room between the gear shifter.  idea to replace one of the cup holders - one on the right of the helm?  ideas suggetions?

Comments

• SerenitySerenity Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭

Sorry Brian,

I just found the site again and saw your post. I missed the other Rinker Forum. I am sure your bow thruster is in already. I just installed a bow thruster as well. I put my toggle in place of the cup holder above the radar/gps screen on the left side of the helm. I had to make a plate out of very thin starboard which I painted black. The cup holder hole is a little to big to fully cover it with the toggle. I love mine. Where I dock in the marina-the wind in the afternoon shoots down past the front of all the boats and is like a wind tunnel. Just one-two quick burst keeps the bow straight when backing into the slip. Working the drives just was not enough to compensate.

• Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Hey Serenity...glad to have you here!

Thank you Capt_Steve--I really missed the other site. It is good to see and hear everyone with the same thoughts and interests regarding our boats. To bad before the other site went down there was not a warning of some kind so all the members could get together again. I know of three in my marina that were not aware of this forum and are now on again.

• clarkbarclarkbar Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    Hey Serenity, Just curios to know what kind of bow thruster to you install? Is it the thru hull or exterior mounted one like Yacht Thruster..
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey All, want to see a WICKED video of a hole being cut through the hull of a cruiser to install a bow thruster? I used to live on the river about five minutes from this marina. They are super techs who will try anything once. It may not look like it is going to end well but I saw the boat after this procedure (they have done a lot of them) and it was factory clean! google www.HurstMarina.com then click on service, then click on fibergalss shop and click on the video - be sure to enlarge it and turn the sound up! There are also some still pictures of the process. The guys said no matter how many times they do it it still makes their hearts beat faster!MT

• ithacarinkithacarink Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    WOW. Doesn't look like a do it yourself kind of job! I am really surprised they dont have more of a fixture/jig to ensure that hole is horizontal. 
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree! I at least expected to see some kind of laser level. Doing it that way would give me a heart attack. The finished product with a beautifully sculped fairing looked 100% factory. The guys are good.
    Clarkbar-it is a Vetus thru hull. I have used it a few times already this year. when the wind catches the bow--working the outdrives just does not cut it. It is not a do it yourself job. I am glad I was not around when they cut my hull.