Options

What is this on my 5.7’s

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
Noticed this today while winterizing, what is it? It has a cap on it and a drain??

2008 330EC

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of your cooling water distribution. You can drain it by unscrewing that plug. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does it have a cap on the top of it? I opened it up and nothing was in it? The engines have antifreeze in them now, I’m going to pull the blue plugs in a couple of days.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    These have a variant that have a self draining capability and so that’s what the top part is for, cap does nothing really. Tip - watch the plug, these can keep a little water in the thread apparently and then freeze/crack. Not sure if that was the cause but mine recently was dripping and had been previously based on the old stain. Took it off, saw no o-ring and put one in with one and snap - **** broke. 

I suggest loosening to allow pink to come out then put back - drive out water. Leave them in or the engine will drain.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's your flux capacitor for interstellar cruising...
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Distribution housing $300 I over tighten it the frist year I had my 342 and cracked the housing. Make sure the Oring is on the plug. AND DONT USE PLIERS. The horizon system has an air line that runs to the housing fill with air and it drains out.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct