Options

Random acts of kindness

TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in Non-Boating Related

One customer’s random act of kindness spurred a heartfelt chain reaction at a local donut shop that only ended when there were no further cars to pay it forward. How many customers voluntarily paid for all/part of the next cars order at the appropriately named Heav’nly Donuts? Read on...
2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
Post edited by TikiHut2 on

Comments

• Options
    212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's pretty dang cool... it's interesting how much people actually want to be good to each other, but instead focus on the bad... this is a really cool thing.
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    As a charity director for the last 20yrs I normally see the regular guy who is touched by someones insurmountable problem and steps up to fix it with no tangible reward but this one was a bit different and the chain reaction was the cool part.

It seems like it's always someone else, but then this randomly generous thing that someone did for "ME" shocks us out of our hum drum normal routine and it feels so cool that you want more, so you quickly pass it on. The donut shop line was a quick way to extend that unique nudge and a LOT of people did just that. It effected the staff in a unique way too.

Glad you liked it and I hope it happens to all of you some day too, maybe just when you need it as apparently happened to over 50 people one morning at the doughnut shop. But be careful. Once you get a taste of being randomly generous it can be addicting.

Have a great day. Mike
    Post edited by TikiHut2 on
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl