Options

Weird password reset?

2»

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    DannyD said:
    raybo3 said:
    @DannyD I want you to try and log on from DanD2 and hit the change password. See if that works and let me know. There maybe one more thing I can try. 
    As stated in my reply to your PM and shown above, I don't see a change password, only a forgot and "click here" to reset. Both of those then pop up a window for me to input my email. I do that but never receive the email.......yes, I've checked my junk/spam folder
    Did you try today? I made a change and want you to check it.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    DannyDDannyD Member Posts: 9
    aero3113 said:
    @DannyD , is it possible that your email address has a typo in it and the message can't be delivered?
    If I type in an email that is not associated with an account here, it will state that that email/username cannot be found.
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @raybo3 Stodge is having problems logging in. He mentioned it on the Facebook page. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    @raybo3 Stodge is having problems logging in. He mentioned it on the Facebook page. 
    Greg do you have access to him? I might be able to help.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @raybo3 I just tried it again.....and still no email. Do you have the ability to change the email on my account? It may be a roadrunner issue. I went through the same steps for this account and an email was sent.
  • Options
    I looked this morning and it is a roadrunner email. Do you have the ability to get to the log on password screen?
  • Options
    raybo3 said:
    I looked this morning and it is a roadrunner email. Do you have the ability to get to the log on password screen?
    Look at page 1 of this post, I posted screenshots of what I see.
  • Options
    @DannyD I sent you a pm.
  • Options
    DanD2DanD2 Member Posts: 847 ✭✭✭
    @raybo3 ......YUDAMAN!!!!!
    No longer a boat owner.....previous boat - 2005 Rinker Fiesta Vee 342
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Roadrunner account may be the key. They have been known to block too much what they think is spam. I get NY Canal emails through work and  gmail accounts, admiral gets them for a while then they get blocked and I have to reset her canals account - indicates emails were blocked. And she has rr.com. Vent Fitness emails were also not getting through to her.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    icoultha said:
    Roadrunner account may be the key. They have been known to block too much what they think is spam. I get NY Canal emails through work and  gmail accounts, admiral gets them for a while then they get blocked and I have to reset her canals account - indicates emails were blocked. And she has rr.com. Vent Fitness emails were also not getting through to her.
    It was not the roadrunner account. I would have gotten a spam notice if it was that. 
  • Options
    DanD2 said:
    @raybo3 ......YUDAMAN!!!!!
    LOL thanks just your moderator working hard for free.........LMFAO glad your all set bro.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skennelly said:
    2 step sign on is absolutely necessary if you are doing anything of importance on the internet.  I'm suspect when it's not offered as an option.  Between work and personal I have  150 unique passwords to various systems and websites.  All kept in a password manager.

Internet security is also a part of my profession so I respect it's importance.
    What do you recommend for home computers?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Hey everyone!!!!!!!! If you know of any member having problems logging on with this password problem have them reach out to me. I have found a way to help them out. They can get in contact with me either through an other forum member or on facebook. Thank you all..............
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    skennelly said:
    2 step sign on is absolutely necessary if you are doing anything of importance on the internet.  I'm suspect when it's not offered as an option.  Between work and personal I have  150 unique passwords to various systems and websites.  All kept in a password manager.

What do you recommend for home computers?
    I use LastPass as a password manager. They have a free version and you can install it on your phone and sync them.
  • Options
    skennelly said:

Yep. I'm a System Security Engineer. Love working in this field. Passed the CISSP a few years ago and early 2018 did a 4 month Cisco CCNA CyberOps course. That was fun. I'm in gov't contracting and my company just lost the re-bid but I got hired on with the new company. Just waiting on a start date but still working with the old company. That's the only bad part about gov't contracting
  • Options
    @boatman37 good luck with the new job.....
  • Options
    Thanks. Still alot of unknowns but I had to do a presentation to the new company yesterday. Got a little more clarity but until I get a start date and start getting paychecks from them I'll be skeptical.
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    @Handymans342 @boatman37 yep.  Keepass is another available for PC and phone.  The great thing about password managers aside from saving your passwords is that you can configure them to create very complex passwords for every site you need a login for and not have to think about.
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3