Options

Faria tachometers

2»

Comments

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roby, How true but not fair. Super sweet set up. Where did you say you live??  :ar! Avast
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    Robyw1Robyw1 Member Posts: 56 ✭✭
    Houston TX. To me those gauges are worth every penny. The speedo actually uses the GPS for speed and amazingly enough when you program it to use the pit-out it still shows the same MPH as the GPS which is frickin unheard of. Also you can toggle thru every sensor reading on the digital readout. Everything that VesselView shows you this will too.
  • Options
    JoeStangJoeStang Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭
    Digital readouts and code alarms are probably worth it alone.
    2013 276 Cuddy ~ 350 MAG / B3
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Roby, that is amazing. I put a smartcraft in my 260EC, single block. It is amazing. The only thing I don't like is I had to cut the signal to my Faria fuel gauge to plug into smart craft - so my fuel gauge always shows empty. Not sure if there is an easy way to fix this.  Is that fuel guage working on your dash?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Yes I will show you everything you need in a post later tonight.
  • Options
    All of my gauges are digital so they all work off the smartcraft CAN. However if you use a smartcraft system gauge, monitor, VesselView, etc, you can get any analog gauge to work with Mercury part number. 8M 0033330. this converts the digital signal from your smartcraft CAN line to analog.
  • Options
    So to go from my fuel sending unit to both the faria fuel gauge and the smart craft all I need to do is install that part on the sending unit? Or does that part plug into the back of the smart craft gauge?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    It will plug into the smartcraft junction box then to your analog gauge. To do this you will need a fuel paddle wiring harness to go from the tank(s) to the labeled fuel paddle wheel connector on your engine. I can send you a smartcraft manual if you want. I would upload it here if I knew how.
  • Options
    I know the mechanic put in a new harness on the fuel sending unit and plugged it into the smart craft system. I am getting the fuel level on the smart craft gauge. So I assume I will need that part you are talking about to send the fuel indication to the analog faria gauge. So how does the part work, that is how does it know to pull the fuel sending unit indication from the system and send it to the fuel gauge?

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Mark, which smartcraft system gauge are you using? That will better help me figure out the best way to wire you up. If you have a gauge that will allow you to daisychain a fuel (or other smartcraft link gauges) it may be cheaper than buying the digital to analog converter.
  • Options
    I have gauge 46833. Rpm gauge with troll control. I have the original faria fuel level gauge. It would be good if I can replace the fuel gauge with something that just plugs into the smart craft.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    You can, you have a system tachometer, it will have a connector off the harness that plugs into link gauges. Any smartcraft link gauge you want. If you want more than 1 then daisy chain them. Look for the matching link gauge for fuel. It is a simple install in the dash and plug in. That's it.
  • Options
    So looks like I need smartcraft link fuel gauge 879910K11. This will plug directly into the tach system harness and display fuel tank level. Sounds like an easy winter project!

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    You may not want to stop at just a fuel gauge. You can daisy chain many more off of that.
  • Options
    ShaunShaun Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    Can we get a link on that set up Roby
  • Options
    Al my other gauges are working fine, all I need is the fuel tank level.

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Below is a link to my Facebook boat projects picture album. I will send a link for installing and setting up the smartcraft gauges tonight when I get home. https://www.facebook.com/roby.warwick/media_set?set=a.225403387487531.72613.100000536146131&type=3
  • Options
    ljonesljones Member Posts: 4
    Make sure your alternators are both working correctly. I have a 2006 EC300 with (2) VP5.0s and the Faria gauge with my tacks with hour meters was replaced several times by a dealer. I noticed I could tap the glass and they would sometimes work usually 2-3k at idle and pegged or at 0 when running. I checked the alternators and had to replaced the STBD one. I know alternator diodes can cause AC signals on the DC system and tacks and hour meters to miss read. Since I replaced the alternator the tacks have worked fine but one of the hour meter displays was damaged and 3 of the display segments are out but they both count again.
  • Options
    ljonesljones Member Posts: 4
    Opps. Just saw the date on this. Hope this can help someone else.