Pushing the Season

WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,127Member ✭✭✭✭
30 F and snow/rain forecast. This guy has been at the boat launch the last few days. At first I thought duck hunters but there are closer launches to the duck marsh.
I'm thinking maybe someone with a cottage on a nearby island trying to get work done before freeze up. With these temps a PFD won't save you. It just makes it easier to find the body to bury.

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Sanford, FLPosts: 5,621Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long has he been there, might want to make a call! I saw a bass boat way up in some shallows and maybe aground on shore- u called the sheriff's office just I'm case. Could see no one on the boat. 
  • WillhoundWillhound Lake Simcoe, Ontario, CanadaPosts: 2,127Member ✭✭✭✭
    He was gone this morning. 
    Well that's good to keep and eye out...
    The boat launch and park around it is about 3 blocks from where I work so usually pop down for a few minutes every morning to check the lake and get my head in a good place before heading to work.
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Posts: 7,756Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should give that guy a piece of your mind making you worried and all. LOL
     :D  wasn't that worried. Thought you Floridians would get a kick out of seeing someone boating at 30F. 2016 was a mild winter and the ice didn't come until late January. January 1st when trout season opened that parking lot was full. Nothing like fishing from a boat while wearing a snowmobile suit!
    I fished I'm a bass tournament and when I launched it was 28 degrees. I never noticed how much water slings off a real when reeling in a lure as that day. Never did that again! 

So us Floridians at Christmas have to tidy up  the yard- can't figure that snow is going to cover up the stuff in the yard that needs tending to. I'm working on pavers and fencing and putting down some new sod.Christmas is an outside event in FL, not huddled around a warm fire. It was 84 here today...
    Another, different, truck and trailer there this morning. About 26F. Not my idea of fun.
    edited November 25
    Can't be any fish doing anything? Trout are running in the intercoastal
    Lake Trout here is closed for spawning. Bass is open but not likely. Could be waterfowl hunters. There's a launch much closer to the marsh though. There are two islands about a 15 min boat ride nearby that have cottages on them. Could be someone visiting or working at one of them. One of the islands has an ice road to it once the ice is thick enough but until then some of them will boat out as long as they can.
    That is a whole different life than what we are used to...I did line right up on the border in ND for about 3 years but not being near water, it was just cold and flat!