Options

Just a couple from the week

bat32bat32 Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
edited July 2013 in Rinker Photo Gallery
One heading back to port close to the end of the day and another looking out from "Boater's Beach"  at incoming traffic.  Days like this I love my 246.

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Awesome pic's bat......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    frodo13056frodo13056 Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭
    Great pictures Bat!! I thought that you were on the Illinois River by Seneca?
  • Options
    I moved this year because of the accident at the locks.  Wasn't sure if the river was going to be open there this season.  The USCG announcement at the begining of the season was the waterway was unavigable for at least 2-3 weeks with an unkown time of opening. So we were always waning to try the lake and this was the "nudge" we needed.  It's fun but hate being the Newbie all over again in a new body of water. 

• Options
    Frodo here's a couple from the River at the end of the season last year.  I love the river in the Fall!!

• Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    Hey Bat, Where exactly on Lake Michigan were you? We are in Iowa & always looking for other lakes & rivers that are cleaner than the murky waters round home! Just a little concerned about towing our 246 for extra long distances and also that Lake Michigan might be too rough for our size boat.  We're about 200 miles west of Chicago. Your pictures make it look as though that is somewhere I'd definately like to check out some time.
  • Options

I'm in Portage Indiana.  I was nervous at first taking the 246 up there.  I have the cuddy along with trim tabs so she actually does quite well.  Just have to watch the weather.  She handles 3 foot chop like a champ.  

I will say though the experience is totally different from the river.  We still can't get over how blue Lake Michigan is.  when we are sitting on the beach looking out at that blue water with all the boats parked you almost forget you are stuck in midwest.

• Options
    Frodo here's a couple from the River at the end of the season last year.  I love the river in the Fall!!
    Nice pictures Bat - we were at Heritage Harbor for 2 seasons and loved the fall especially down by Starved Rock.....but we really missed being on Lake Michigan so we moved to Hammond last season. Love being on the lake!
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lake Michigan today, just south of Holland by the dunes.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Nice pic BD.  Frodo I don't imagine Hammond is too far of a drive from Portage.  What's the local hang outs over that-a-way?

• Options
    clarkbarclarkbar Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
    frodo, I am in Hammond N dock. Whats yours? i will come say hello..
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    @bat32 - just north of the harbor, there is a pretty decent sandy beach and on a decent day, you'll find 40 - 50 boats anchored just off the beach. That's the best spot for sure and lots of great scenery @-) Have you been to Burns Ditch by the power plant yet? @clarkbar - we are on F-14 and were on C-11 last season. We dinghy around the harbor quite a bit and have seen your boat but I didn't know that you were on the forum. Stop by anytime and I'll certainly keep an out for you at your slip! Did you see the boat against the sea wall at the harbor entrance this past weekend? Not sure but it looked like an older Sea Ray (30 + footer) that may have cut the sea wall corner too sharp and hit the old sea wall and the drifted into the new sea wall because of the windy / wavey lake conditions.
  • Options
    Here's a photo of the boat that went aground and sank at Hammond Harbor this past weekend.
  • Options
    Ouch!!! As for Burns ditch.... Yes that's where we hang out most times. Literally at least a hundred boats there every weekend and only 15 minutes from our slip.

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an ouch! Sunset pic from this week, Lk Macatawa, Holland, MI

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jmoen438,GREAT pics!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Wow those are some great pics!!

• Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are some awesome pics! That's a great screensaver shot.

Seriously, I've had rain like that everyday since mid June usually accompanied by epic lightning. I'm growing scales and gills and the boat hasn't moved since memorial day :( . So J, your canvas seems to be performing better since I saw it last summer. Nice horn too. I really need to get rid of my boats embarrassing kazoo. Hope you guys are having a great season. MnK
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    jmoen438jmoen438 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys, all the credit for the pics goes to the admiral, the rain shot was cool, we were standing on the dock watching it to through when three separate downpours merged into one that she took the photo of. Mike, new canvas is working great thanks to TJ, having a great season, pulled out yesterday to head on our annual camping trip to Northwestern Maine, we are liking camping on the boat much more than an air mattress and tent.
  • Options
    Glassguy54Glassguy54 Member Posts: 588 ✭✭✭
    WOW! The last time I saw a sunset THAT incredible was in September of 1974, on the plains just east of Colorado Springs looking west over the mountains and I did not have my camera! Kudos to you for the great pic. Was that a straight shot or photoshop enhanced?
  • Options
    jmoen438jmoen438 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    Shot with her iPhone with an Instagram filter.