Options

Merry Christmas!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    edited December 2019
    Lets not forget Bobby Orr played defense. He was not a forward and won 8 Norris trophy in 10 years.  BTW he only played 10 years because of his knee. Also there was a lot less teams in the league when Orr played. It was not "watered" down like todays game........ Just say'n
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if im wrong but orr played what 36 games a season and no forward passing era????   Ovi plays on a team whos pp plan is always...pass to ovi for the 1 timer lol

If you look at ppg over their career its 

Gretzky
    Lemieux
    Bossy
    Orr

Crosby back in 6th and Malkin in the teens.  Ovi is in the 20s lol...

Id expext a dip in all the active players production as they continue to age.
    So wrong!! Ovi is #3 all time PPG
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raybo3 said:
    Lets not forget Bobby Orr played defense. He was not a forward and won 8 Norris trophy in 10 years.  BTW he only played 10 years because of his knee. Also there was a lot less teams in the league when Orr played. It was not "watered" down like todays game........ Just say'n
    Orr was not a defenseman
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2019
    By ppg i meant points per game avg.  Not ppg.  Sorry about that. Its a little easier to compare the average goals scored per game than simply throw out goals periods as seasons used to be less than half as long.

@Handymans342

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Why not start a new relevant thread guys so those of us not into hockey, football, baseball, basketball etc can easily ignore the thread.....

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    icoultha said:
    Why not start a new relevant thread guys so those of us not into hockey, football, baseball, basketball etc can easily ignore the thread.....
    Done!
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    :)

Christmas behind us, now for New Year's tomorrow night. Anyone with special plans involving a boat looking at fireworks in warmer climates perhaps?
    Post edited by Ian on

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

• Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I was hijacked and beaten with a hockey stick. 
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    icoultha said:
    Reverting the thread.... hope you all had a great Christmas with family and friends. Coz I don’t post we’re away when we are - there are programs that look for those messages etc for use by nefarious types - I can now say we had a great time in Denver this week with older son and his GF and her 2 boys and our other son joined us for 4 days down from Bozeman MT. Great to be all together at Christmas for the first time in 3 years. Also nice to be home, especially after delays out of Denver from mechanical issues and weather that gave us an overnight in Chicago.
    I was also in Denver for Christmas 2 of my boys live there one in Denver and one in Colorado Springs 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a gift card for 10 free adult pick up games for Christmas!   Pick up = hockey 

I didn't have to travel this year, as of this past summer my mom decided to sell her place at the beach and move back up here.  It was relaxing not to have to travel over the Christmas break, it's stressful enough just staying around town
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    @GMSLITHO We took a day run down to the Springs Thursday to check out Garden of the Gods. Cool place.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”