Options

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD! 2014 360 RINKER: 2 YRS MERC FULL PLATINUM WARRANTY

Comments

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YYZRC.....don't know about that but I do know that the boat that @bry1429 is selling - at that price - is a tremendous investment. What would a new one cost (with faaar fewer options, many agreed to by Randy Rinker and therefore one-offs) 370K? 400K? Someone, smart enough and able to purchase that boat is going to make a reallllly good investment!
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Welcome back @Michael T
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Welcome back MT, glad to hear from you. Not sure I'd call a boat an investment, but then I think sure, it's an investment of spending time with your family and friends.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boats are absolutely an investment. But not all investment will give a return on your money. 😟
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    edited May 2020
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Like the OCD MT - those are rules to live by.

AND I know these guys below well....

"As a friend who put six figures into the American Stock Market three weeks ago told me last night.....":Best financial move I ever made, the stocks I purchased three weeks ago have gone up an average of 28%"."

Unfortunately, if you add that +28% to his portfolio that tanked -30% in March, if lucky he might be back to even. The whole story is always different from the best part of the story. lol

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @mattie as my friend told his financial advisor. I don't have to ride the elevator to the basement. If I get on on the second floor and ride it to the 10th that will be enough profit for me. My dad used to say "Pigs get fed Hogs get slaughtered". I'm sure that was not an original thought but a good one. I have followed that advice investing now since I was in my early 20s it has worked for me. This stock market may not bounce-back V shaped but soon it will begin a steady and sharp incline and IMO at that point it will be nearly impossible for the ordinary guy to get on the elevator. FWIW. :-)

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    "Be greedy when others are fearful" Mr Buffet seems to know a little about investing. Berkshire Hathaway only has about 130 billion in cash. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    I'm waiting for the W in the market.  I pulled out on early March.  I'll buy more as it goes down. If it doesn't happen, no big deal for me.  

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    I had a friend that didn't pull out and he's regretting now......😏
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    skennellyskennelly Member Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭✭
    Are we still talking about the stock market?
    2002 - 270FV Mag 350 B3
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    skennelly said:
    Are we still talking about the stock market?
    LoL!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    IMO these daily (DJIA) 500 point swings are only possible to be taken advantage of by big firms with computer generated logarithms.....however the huge 5,000 point drop (DJIA) is a once in most peoples' lifetime chance to truly "time" a market. FWIW we sold very, very selectively stocks we knew would not advance as much as other positions we wanted to add to or to take advantage of new opportunities. Also put considerable cash into both CDN (TSX) and USA (DJIA). The markets will come back and strong. I predict 30K for the DJIA. IMO this COVID19 has been badly mismanaged with too much hysteria. The predicted numbers vastly overblown. Financial damage (while notable) greatly overestimated. If you have no skill or a shaky business plan you will be in trouble post C19 otherwise watch out......a lot of money and pent-up energy will be released. Most vibrant economy in the world? USA, point finale! There will be a lot of disconsolate people who pulled-out of the market and waited too late to get back in. MOFWIW.
  • Options
    Glad to see @Liberty44140 took advantage of a buying opportunity..... @bry1429 is offering another great buying opportunity. Anyone listening? :smile:
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Hi MT !  @Michael T
    Hope all is going well over the Boarder?
    I accepted a fair offer last week, 10% in escrow, contract signed, performing a survey this coming Wednesday. Shipping company provided the buyer a quote to Tennessee ($1,800). He already has a slip lined up. That's all for now.
    Not celebrating until I get money in my pocket and the Pride of your fleet on a trailer headed south, no cart before the horse here🤪 
    I will give details when all is completed.

Stay safe my Canadian brother !!!!

Post edited by bry1429 on
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME. Fingers crossed. The new owner (being positive here) will certainly appreciate the extra room in the cabin, shower and front berth as I bet he's a pretty decent size! The survey should be a breeze - probably the best condition/kept boat the surveyor has ever been on. Decent price for the hauler. Very happy (fingers crossed - no jinx) for you @bry1429 and your Admiral. Like me you had her for a couple of years and realized what an awesome boat she is. The new owner will be a very lucky guy (couple). That boat truly is a one-of-a-kind. Stay safe my brother south of the 49th and let me know when the deal closes and we'll have a toast to you, your Admiral, the boat and the new couple. If they have any questions about break-in give them my number - you can handle all the rest as you have added so much! Great news - made my day YAHOO!!!!! :smile:

Post edited by Michael T on
  • Options
    jscottfamily4jscottfamily4 Member Posts: 3
    Hello, am I reading this right , SOLD ?
  • Options
    @jscottfamily4
    Yes, Its official;  I received the funds in my bank account yesterday morning. Transport company is coming this Monday to load on a low boy trailer,  removing all hardware from hardtop and hauling her to her new home of Tennessee.
  • Options
    Congratulations! Hopefully something else is going to be taking it’s place??
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey congrats on the sale! Great news, and congrats to the buyers!
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options

@shawnmjr   If all goes as planned ;
    43' Helmsman Trawler.
    Starting my excursion of chasing 80's in 6 yrs. Living on the Great Loop with winters in Fla / Bahamas and summers in MTs neck of the woods and the east & west side of Lake Michigan, then back down south for the winters.
  • Options
    jscottfamily4jscottfamily4 Member Posts: 3
    Congratulations,  she is a beauty but was about 100grand out of my budget. Maybe in a few yrs. will Rinker closing its door effect the extended warranty with the new owners?
  • Options
    Thank you all for the Congrats! 
    The warranty has nothing to do with Rinker.
    Its directly through Mercury Mercruiser.

• Options
    Congrats!! I love trawlers I think that will be our next boat style. I really love Grand Banks. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Very nice @bry1429
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    bry1429 said:
    @shawnmjr   If all goes as planned ;
    43' Helmsman Trawler.
    Starting my excursion of chasing 80's in 6 yrs. Living on the Great Loop with winters in Fla / Bahamas and summers in MTs neck of the woods and the east & west side of Lake Michigan, then back down south for the winters.
    Now that’s living the dream. 
    Exactly what it is right now "dream" . I will be planning this dream out over the coming years, purchase the boat in a few years then retire and put that dream into reality. That's if Covid-25 doesn't swing in to town and cause total medical & financial devastation.
  • Options
    If it does swing in to town you'll be ready to isolate out in the great loop 😁
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options

The Admiral and I will greatly miss her 
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @bry1429 and I have been discussing this, off-forum, for a while now. It was hard for me to "keep quiet" and not jinx the sale. The Admiral and I are totally ecstatic for Bryan and his Admiral - we got to know them well before and after the sale and it was a real pleasure to meet them the day the boat was loaded for the trip to Chicago. It was too bad we didn't get to spend more time together as that day was so hectic. The new owner is getting an amazing boat - probably the last of its kind. I know some people purchased the 370 model when Bryan had this EC 360 for sale and I just couldn't understand their decision and I didn't want to criticize them even though I thought that was pretty dumb as this EC 360 is waay better equipped with unique custom options for a better price than any other Rinker EC 360 in existence - Randy Rinker would back that. Anyway, it sure brought back great memories to see her "on the straps" again! Bryan and Jessica - Judy and I are excited beyond words for you two. You are both a class act and the new owner just won the boat lottery. Best wishes for the fun you will have getting your next boat. I agree with your search. For me it would be a Helmsman or Flemming. Very exciting news - I was thrilled (in case it isn't obvious lol) to read this tonight. :-)